Jeep CJ-5 Radiator...

Old July 24th 05, 05:32 PM

Default Jeep CJ-5 Radiator...

Hey Everyone,
Does anyone know of a radiator (other than the stock radiator) that
will work in a 1979 Jeep CJ-5 258 manual transmission? See, my local
junk yards have every type of car imaginable there, except for CJ's...
I don't feel like going out and spending a huge amount of cash on a new
radiator because i'm selling the Jeep. Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks!

Old July 24th 05, 07:06 PM
Lee Ayrton

The radiator for your `79 fits all 6 cylinder CJ models from 1972
through 1986, auto and manual transmissions. Even though Jeep is
infamous for buying off-the-shelf parts from a wide variety of
manufacturers, I can't imagine that it fits any other make.

A new 2-core radiator should cost you between $230US and $260US.

wrote:
> Hey Everyone,
> Does anyone know of a radiator (other than the stock radiator) that
> will work in a 1979 Jeep CJ-5 258 manual transmission? See, my local
> junk yards have every type of car imaginable there, except for CJ's...
> I don't feel like going out and spending a huge amount of cash on a new
> radiator because i'm selling the Jeep. Anyone have any ideas?
> Thanks!

Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7 Hemi in UK Dori A Schmetterling Chrysler 4 June 2nd 05 10:22 PM
1999 Jeep Wrangler: lower radiator hose part number Frank 4x4 7 May 17th 05 03:20 PM
What is a TJ? Brian Foster Jeep 23 January 22nd 05 07:06 AM
Jeep VS others Elliot Westcott Chrysler 64 December 19th 04 03:22 PM