AutoBanter

-   4x4 (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Lift requirements for Jeep Wrangler X (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=63189)

ATAKFC April 23rd 06 03:52 PM

Lift requirements for Jeep Wrangler X

Does putting 30X9.5 inch tires on a stock Jeep Wrangler X require a lift
kit? And if so, how high?

RT April 23rd 06 04:24 PM

ATAKFC wrote:

> Does putting 30X9.5 inch tires on a stock Jeep Wrangler X require a lift
> kit? And if so, how high?

No

Ray

Mike Romain April 23rd 06 06:07 PM

Lift requirements for Jeep Wrangler X

The TJ will fit 31x10.5" tires stock, the Rubicon even comes with them I
believe. No need to change rims or lift it. It 'might' touch the tire
to the fender on full turn, but if it does, you just take out the
steering stop and put a washer or 2 under it. That's a 5 minute job.

Our XJ with oversize tires on it only tags one way in reverse. I have
never bothered to add the washer.

You will get better traction with the 9.5" tire though. When I went
down from a 10.5" to a 9.5" I was 'very' pleased with the traction
increase.

Mike
86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5" BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

ATAKFC April 23rd 06 07:48 PM

Lift requirements for Jeep Wrangler X

Thanks guys!!!