AutoBanter

-   4x4 (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Honda CR-V vs Kia Sportage vs Nissan X-Trail vs Hyundai Tucson vs Land Rover Freelander vs Toyota RAV4 (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=69382)

[email protected] July 10th 06 03:00 PM

Honda CR-V vs Kia Sportage vs Nissan X-Trail vs Hyundai Tucson vs Land Rover Freelander vs Toyota RAV4

I am looking to buy a small 4x4 (I HATE the term 'soft-roader'), around
an 02 or 03 model, price around £8k. Initially the Honda was my
favourite, but after having a sit in one I found it rather bland,
certainly compared to the Kia. But then again, the Kia interior seemed
a bit flimsy & I am worried about how it will cope with kids/dogs/etc.
The Land Rover seems a bit basic & expensive for what you get.

Any comments / suggestions?

Cheers.

David July 10th 06 09:23 PM

wrote:
> I am looking to buy a small 4x4 (I HATE the term 'soft-roader'),
> around an 02 or 03 model, price around £8k. Initially the Honda was
> my favourite, but after having a sit in one I found it rather bland,
> certainly compared to the Kia. But then again, the Kia interior
> seemed a bit flimsy & I am worried about how it will cope with
> kids/dogs/etc. The Land Rover seems a bit basic & expensive for what
> you get.
>
> Any comments / suggestions?
>
> Cheers.

If it has a tranfercase its a 4x4 if its a awd its a soft roader, Gee
thought you would go for a landy if you wanted a 4x4.
Lushy
AU

[email protected] July 11th 06 10:22 AM

Honda CR-V vs Kia Sportage vs Nissan X-Trail vs Hyundai Tucson vs Land Rover Freelander vs Toyota RAV4

>Gee
>thought you would go for a landy if you wanted a 4x4

I have already got a Range Rover & need something a bit smaller now.
The fact that fuel over here is the equivalent of $8 per gallon
(imperial gallons) doesn't help matters.

David July 11th 06 11:40 PM

wrote:
>> Gee
>> thought you would go for a landy if you wanted a 4x4

> I have already got a Range Rover & need something a bit smaller now.
> The fact that fuel over here is the equivalent of $8 per gallon
> (imperial gallons) doesn't help matters.

So a Wrangler is out then, have you had a look at Suzuki nice little car and
go anywhere.\?
Lushy