AutoBanter

-   4x4 (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   High idle revs in cold weather (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=5646)

zippy January 23rd 04 08:32 PM

High idle revs in cold weather

Hi all.

I have a 92 Tracker, and since the really cold weather arrived a few
weeks ago, it has been revving very high (around 2500 RPM as opposed
to around 1000 RPM usually) when I first start the vehicle. The high
revs continues for some time afterwards, the colder it is the longer
it seems to last. Any ideas as to why and how I can correct it?

I have also found my gas mileage has dropped significantly (around 15%
less than I got before the cold snap) in the same period .

What could cause this to happen?
Could the two be related?
Any help greatly appreciated

Ian