AutoBanter

-   4x4 (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Leaking moonroof in '04 Expedition (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=6872)

[email protected] December 26th 04 07:58 PM

Leaking moonroof in '04 Expedition

I have a brand new two day old '04 Expedition with a moonroof. We live
in Seattle, and it's been raining hard. The day after we bought the
car, we walked outside to find (a lot of) water dripping from the
convenience lights in the second row of the car. There was a
substantial amount of water in the ceiling fabric, as well.

The moonroof was closed but I think it might have been the slightest
bit not fully sealed (I'm not sure).

Anyone ever heard of this before?

It seems like there should be a drain or something that would have
prevent water from getting into the ceiling no matter what.
Any suggestions on what to do?

Lon December 26th 04 08:08 PM

proclaimed:

> I have a brand new two day old '04 Expedition with a moonroof. We live
> in Seattle, and it's been raining hard. The day after we bought the
> car, we walked outside to find (a lot of) water dripping from the
> convenience lights in the second row of the car. There was a
> substantial amount of water in the ceiling fabric, as well.
>
> The moonroof was closed but I think it might have been the slightest
> bit not fully sealed (I'm not sure).
>
> Anyone ever heard of this before?

Appears to have been a common problem with the Expeditions. If your
dealer is worth a darn, they would know if the Tech Service Bulletin
# 03-11-10 JUN 03 Body - Moonroof Water Leaks/Won't
Open Properly

for the 2002 Expedition still applies or has been updated for your
model.

> It seems like there should be a drain or something that would have
> prevent water from getting into the ceiling no matter what.

Yup, even in Seattle rain conditions. Your vehicle is brand new, and
an eyeball to eyeball meeting with the dealer appears to be in order.

> Any suggestions on what to do?

Moving to Phoenix...

Bret Chase December 26th 04 08:14 PM

On 26 Dec 2004 11:58:07 -0800, wrote:

>:|I have a brand new two day old '04 Expedition with a moonroof. We live
>:|in Seattle, and it's been raining hard. The day after we bought the
>:|car, we walked outside to find (a lot of) water dripping from the
>:|convenience lights in the second row of the car. There was a
>:|substantial amount of water in the ceiling fabric, as well.
>:|
>:|The moonroof was closed but I think it might have been the slightest
>:|bit not fully sealed (I'm not sure).
>:|
>:|Anyone ever heard of this before?
>:|
>:|It seems like there should be a drain or something that would have
>:|prevent water from getting into the ceiling no matter what.
>:|Any suggestions on what to do?

go to the dealer for a warranty repair?

-Bret

Luneral December 26th 04 09:21 PM

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> I have a brand new two day old '04 Expedition with a moonroof. We live
> in Seattle, and it's been raining hard. The day after we bought the
> car, we walked outside to find (a lot of) water dripping from the
> convenience lights in the second row of the car. There was a
> substantial amount of water in the ceiling fabric, as well.
>
> The moonroof was closed but I think it might have been the slightest
> bit not fully sealed (I'm not sure).

Are you saying you may not have closed it all the way?