AutoBanter

-   4x4 (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Hitch mounted Hi Lift jack? (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=5680)

Rob Gendreau January 30th 04 03:58 PM

Hitch mounted Hi Lift jack?

Is anyone aware of a hitch mount for a Hi-Lift jack? I've got a front
2" receiver that's empty most of the time, and I was wondering if
anyone made a carrier that would slide into it upon which I could mount
my Hi-Lift jack (horizontally). I suppose I could fabricate something,
but I'd still like to see what's out there. Or if someone could point
me to a hitch device that is simply a long rail, mounted close in to
the bumper, that I could fit the 4WRAC brackets for the jack on, that
would be appreciated.

TIA,
Rob

The Ancient One January 30th 04 11:14 PM

"Rob Gendreau" > wrote in message
> Is anyone aware of a hitch mount for a Hi-Lift jack? I've got a front
> 2" receiver that's empty most of the time, and I was wondering if
> anyone made a carrier that would slide into it upon which I could mount
> my Hi-Lift jack (horizontally). I suppose I could fabricate something,
> but I'd still like to see what's out there. Or if someone could point
> me to a hitch device that is simply a long rail, mounted close in to
> the bumper, that I could fit the 4WRAC brackets for the jack on, that
> would be appreciated.
>
> TIA,
> Rob

Don't know of any myself, but any good welder could make you one, just tell
him what you want.

The Ancient One January 30th 04 11:14 PM

Bryan R. Christenson February 5th 04 01:35 AM

try hi-lifts web site http://www.hi-lift.com/

Bryan R. Christenson February 5th 04 01:35 AM

Walker February 28th 04 08:50 AM

"Rob Gendreau" > wrote in message
> Is anyone aware of a hitch mount for a Hi-Lift jack? I've got a front
> 2" receiver that's empty most of the time, and I was wondering if
> anyone made a carrier that would slide into it upon which I could mount
> my Hi-Lift jack (horizontally). I suppose I could fabricate something,
> but I'd still like to see what's out there. Or if someone could point
> me to a hitch device that is simply a long rail, mounted close in to
> the bumper, that I could fit the 4WRAC brackets for the jack on, that
> would be appreciated.
>
> TIA,
> Rob

When you need it the most it will be covered in mud. Throw it on the roof or
mount it higher.

Bob Walker

Walker February 28th 04 08:50 AM