Sheriff Joe wrecks his car

Old May 6th 05, 03:51 PM
Larry Bud

> It was a minor accident with no injuries and the MSM media loves the
> guy.
>
> >Personally, I like the guy and his tactics/ideas.

> Do you think leaking 30 year old false unbelievable charges of rape

by
> by his opponent during an election is a good tactic?

Since I'm in MI, I have no experience of anything to do with his
reelection. I'm speaking of his tactics as far as housing criminals
and removing luxeries, and starting chain gangs.

> What about failing to hire people to staff new jail facilities that
> cost taxpayers millions of dollars?

Source please. But I'm sure you're only telling half the story.

Obviously a sheriff doesn't dictate whether or not new jail facilities
are built, and if he didn't think they needed them, seems to me he
SAVED taxpayers money by not hiring people.

But anybody that is treating criminals like criminals is bound to get a
bunch of liberal criminal lovers' panties in a bunch, no doubt.

Old May 6th 05, 05:43 PM
K Smythe

On 6 May 2005 07:51:17 -0700, "Larry Bud" >
wrote:

>> It was a minor accident with no injuries and the MSM media loves the
>> guy.
>>
>> >Personally, I like the guy and his tactics/ideas.

>> Do you think leaking 30 year old false unbelievable charges of rape

>by
>> by his opponent during an election is a good tactic?

>Since I'm in MI, I have no experience of anything to do with his
>reelection. I'm speaking of his tactics as far as housing criminals
>and removing luxeries, and starting chain gangs.

That's what he wants you to hear - he has a national publicity machine
which makes him look really good.

When all I knew about him was his tent city, his prohibition of porn,
his green bologna and pink underwear, I thought he was a pretty good
guy too, even if he was perhaps a bit eccentric.

But that was all I knew until I moved here and began to learn more
about him and what he does when he's not going on Dateline to make
people across the nation think he's such a great guy.

His popularity is definitely waning, especially among Republicans even
though he still won re-election, his margin has been getting smaller
each time.

I predict this is his last term anyway - If he doesn't retire, I
believe he will be defeated.

>> What about failing to hire people to staff new jail facilities that
>> cost taxpayers millions of dollars?

>Source please. But I'm sure you're only telling half the story.
>
>Obviously a sheriff doesn't dictate whether or not new jail facilities
>are built,

He is responsible for hiring though.

>and if he didn't think they needed them, seems to me he
>SAVED taxpayers money by not hiring people.

He's trying to recruit now, making promises to staff both jail
facilities very soon.

>But anybody that is treating criminals like criminals is bound to get a
>bunch of liberal criminal lovers' panties in a bunch, no doubt.

No doubt, but I don't have a problem with his green meat or his pink
underwear or his chain-gangs.

It is his mishandling of investigations and many questions of
impropriety, including his endorsement of Democratic Governor Janet
Napolitano when she was last re-elected.

He says he didn't "endorse" her, but he did appear in campaign
commercials for her.
Old May 6th 05, 06:03 PM
Laura Bush murdered her boy friend

L Sternn wrote:
> On 5 May 2005 12:13:35 -0700, "Laura Bush murdered her boy friend"
> > wrote:
>
> >This is the abu ghraib sheriff who's become infamous for torturing
> >convicts in his jail. Looks like he was drunk driving but don't

expect
> >this criminal to go to jail.

> I'm no fan of Joe Arpaio, but there is nothing so suggest he was
> drunk.

You mean there is no proof. There is plenty that suggests drunkenness.

Old May 6th 05, 07:03 PM
Larry Bud

Laura Bush murdered her boy friend wrote:
> L Sternn wrote:
> > On 5 May 2005 12:13:35 -0700, "Laura Bush murdered her boy friend"
> > > wrote:
> >
> > >This is the abu ghraib sheriff who's become infamous for torturing
> > >convicts in his jail. Looks like he was drunk driving but don't

> expect
> > >this criminal to go to jail.

> > I'm no fan of Joe Arpaio, but there is nothing so suggest he was
> > drunk.

> You mean there is no proof. There is plenty that suggests

drunkenness.

If you believe an obviously hate-Arpaio website, and want to throw
people into jail for something that is "suggested" instead of proven.
I suggest you move to Cuba, they do that to people all the time.

Old May 6th 05, 07:51 PM
K Smythe

On 6 May 2005 11:03:08 -0700, "Larry Bud" >
wrote:

>Laura Bush murdered her boy friend wrote:
>> L Sternn wrote:
>> > On 5 May 2005 12:13:35 -0700, "Laura Bush murdered her boy friend"

>> expect
>> >
>> > I'm no fan of Joe Arpaio, but there is nothing so suggest he was
>> > drunk.

>> You mean there is no proof. There is plenty that suggests

>drunkenness.
>
>If you believe an obviously hate-Arpaio website,

The "hate-Arpaio website" is a weekly rag and even though they may be
biased, they didn't suggest Arpaio was under the influence.

The closest they came was:

"He noted in his report that the sheriff didn't appear to be under the
influence of drugs or alcohol. But there is no indication that
Bierwalter conducted a sobriety test, much less asked Arpaio if he was
taking drugs, prescribed or illegal. "

> and want to throw
>people into jail for something that is "suggested" instead of proven.
>I suggest you move to Cuba, they do that to people all the time.

Or North Korea or China
Old May 6th 05, 07:52 PM
Phxbrd

How can new cells sit empty if jails are so crowded?

Are the county officials planning to shut down Tent City and move the works
to the new facility nearby? Is that why Joe drags his feet? He'll lose all
his publicity/notoriety and just become a common jailer!

Mebbe when the talk show circuit runs down and his second book sells
millions he'll retire to where he hid the money.

Why does Joe appear in parades with more bodyguards than Dubya has?

Old May 8th 05, 06:50 PM
Ashton Crusher

On 6 May 2005 05:09:11 -0700, "Larry Bud" >
wrote:

>K Smythe wrote:

>> >Your source isn't exactly objective when it comes to the beloved
>> >sheriff.

>> You noticed that too?
>>
>> I tried searching other news sources, but was unable to come up with
>> anything.
>>
>> Sheriff Joe has a relative in high places at the AZ Republic

>newspaper
>> according to the same biased source.
>>
>> I didn't see or hear anything about the accident until I saw the
>> article I provided the link for.

>I tried to look for the article in other sources and came up empty as
>well. For someone as well known as Arpaio (I've heard of him for
>years, and I'm in Michigan), seems like this would be a bigger story
>than just one newspaper who obviously hates the guy.
>
>Personally, I like the guy and his tactics/ideas.

Why? NOTHING he has done has reduced crime. NOTHING he has done has
reduced recidivism. ALL the other police agencies think he is a joke
and very unprofessional and that he's turned the Sheriff's office into
a joke. He's a clown, and for some reason that appeals to the public.
He has broken the law and be sued and lost. His actions have cost the
county many millions of dollars they have had to pay out to people he
has wronged.
--
New service to compete with paypal
Get $25 pre-registration bonus by
Old May 8th 05, 06:55 PM
Ashton Crusher

On Fri, 06 May 2005 09:43:44 -0700, K Smythe > wrote:

>On 6 May 2005 07:51:17 -0700, "Larry Bud" >
>wrote:
>
>>> It was a minor accident with no injuries and the MSM media loves the
>>> guy.

>>> Do you think leaking 30 year old false unbelievable charges of rape

>>by
>>> by his opponent during an election is a good tactic?

>>Since I'm in MI, I have no experience of anything to do with his
>>reelection. I'm speaking of his tactics as far as housing criminals
>>and removing luxeries, and starting chain gangs.

>That's what he wants you to hear - he has a national publicity machine
>which makes him look really good.
>
>When all I knew about him was his tent city, his prohibition of porn,
>his green bologna and pink underwear, I thought he was a pretty good
>guy too, even if he was perhaps a bit eccentric.
>
>But that was all I knew until I moved here and began to learn more
>about him and what he does when he's not going on Dateline to make
>people across the nation think he's such a great guy.
>
>His popularity is definitely waning, especially among Republicans even
>though he still won re-election, his margin has been getting smaller
>each time.
>
>I predict this is his last term anyway - If he doesn't retire, I
>believe he will be defeated.
>

>>> What about failing to hire people to staff new jail facilities that
>>> cost taxpayers millions of dollars?

>>Source please. But I'm sure you're only telling half the story.
>>
>>Obviously a sheriff doesn't dictate whether or not new jail facilities
>>are built,

>He is responsible for hiring though.
>
>>and if he didn't think they needed them, seems to me he
>>SAVED taxpayers money by not hiring people.

>He's trying to recruit now, making promises to staff both jail
>facilities very soon.
>

>>But anybody that is treating criminals like criminals is bound to get a
>>bunch of liberal criminal lovers' panties in a bunch, no doubt.

>No doubt, but I don't have a problem with his green meat or his pink
>underwear or his chain-gangs.
>
>It is his mishandling of investigations and many questions of
>impropriety, including his endorsement of Democratic Governor Janet
>Napolitano when she was last re-elected.
>
>He says he didn't "endorse" her, but he did appear in campaign
>commercials for her.

Lets not forget that this same guy, sheriff Joe, who claims he can't
afford food for the inmates, leased 70 gas guzzling SUVs a couple
years ago and gave them out as 24-hour assigned unmarked vehicles for
him and his department buddies to commute in. To the tune of a couple
million dollars from some grant money that was supposed to be used to
fight crime. When that came out in the paper he did his usual no
comment but was forced to pull the 24 hour assignments back and
reassign the vehicles to actual police use in the field. Anyone who
has followed him at all knows he is an egomaniac mental case whose
only real interest is self-aggrandizatoin.
Old May 8th 05, 06:56 PM
Ashton Crusher

On Fri, 6 May 2005 11:52:29 -0700, "Phxbrd"
> wrote:

>How can new cells sit empty if jails are so crowded?
>
>Are the county officials planning to shut down Tent City and move the works
>to the new facility nearby? Is that why Joe drags his feet? He'll lose all
>his publicity/notoriety and just become a common jailer!

Bingo.

>Mebbe when the talk show circuit runs down and his second book sells
>millions he'll retire to where he hid the money.

It's hidden locally. He's got millions in local real estate.

>Why does Joe appear in parades with more bodyguards than Dubya has?

Because he's so loved??
Old May 8th 05, 07:19 PM
Phxbrd

"Ashton Crusher" > wrote in message
> On 6 May 2005 05:09:11 -0700, "Larry Bud" >
> wrote:
>

> >K Smythe wrote:

> >> You noticed that too?
> >>
> >> I tried searching other news sources, but was unable to come up with
> >> anything.
> >>
> >> Sheriff Joe has a relative in high places at the AZ Republic

> >newspaper
> >> according to the same biased source.
> >>
> >> I didn't see or hear anything about the accident until I saw the
> >> article I provided the link for.

> >I tried to look for the article in other sources and came up empty as
> >well. For someone as well known as Arpaio (I've heard of him for
> >years, and I'm in Michigan), seems like this would be a bigger story
> >than just one newspaper who obviously hates the guy.
> >
> >Personally, I like the guy and his tactics/ideas.

> Why? NOTHING he has done has reduced crime. NOTHING he has done has
> reduced recidivism. ALL the other police agencies think he is a joke
> and very unprofessional and that he's turned the Sheriff's office into
> a joke. He's a clown, and for some reason that appeals to the public.
> He has broken the law and be sued and lost. His actions have cost the
> county many millions of dollars they have had to pay out to people he
> has wronged.
> --
> New service to compete with paypal
> Get $25 pre-registration bonus by