Dodge Caravan 93 Rough Running Wet !!

Old April 3rd 06, 01:51 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Default Dodge Caravan 93 Rough Running Wet !!

it has the 3.0 V-6, about 115K miles, runs perfectly when dry, bogs
down in wet/rainy weather !!

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Also, I have the complete authentic Ford Lincoln Mercury service
manuals (combined) for 95 and 99, on separate CD's, for $10 each in
case anyone is interested.

Old April 3rd 06, 04:19 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

I had a 94 Acclaim with the 3.0 Mitsubishi in it that did the same
thing. When the A604 started "slipping" about the same time I flogged
the car and sold it for cheap.

Usually when it is moisture related, this is electrical problems - and
specifically high-voltage electrical - IE your ignition system.

I did notice in the engine that I had that there was a "conventional"
distributor rather that an electronically controlled and fired coil
pack. My experience from days of yore with distributors is that that
are a pain in the neck. That is where I would start. Check your plug
wires first - always do the simple stuff first. If it has been a long
time sunce the wires were replaced (5 or more years) you may want to
just replace them with a new set as good PM practice. Check your
distributor cap for small cracks. Check the rotor. I don't think these
distributors had "points & condenser", but it is worth a look.

Good luck. Let us know what you find.

On 3 Apr 2006 05:51:06 -0700, "

Old April 3rd 06, 05:09 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Since the 3.0 has a distributor, I would suggest starting there. Check
the cap for cracks or other places where water may enter. The boots on
the wires should seal tight around the wires and on the cap. Also, the
cap should have a good seal on the distributor.

-Kirk Matheson

Old April 4th 06, 01:46 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

I just had the same problem with my 1996 Ford van,the cure was a complete
tuneup,especially the spark plugs,distributor cap,rotor, and new wires

93 Dodge Caravan won't fire 2 cylinders oldfarmhands Dodge 0 December 7th 05 07:04 PM
rough running 93 zj 4.0l atx MudPuppy76 Jeep 4 August 28th 05 07:29 PM
Car running rough Gordon Parks VW air cooled 2 August 7th 05 01:13 AM
Rough running cj Big Don Jeep 3 March 12th 05 04:22 PM
156 1.8 rough running problems Joe Fox Alfa Romeo 1 January 30th 05 11:41 PM