Are You Ready For Diesel Yet?

Old July 16th 05, 07:31 PM
Dave Milne

at about $6.60 per gallon, I'm not convinced.
LPG is better for us, 1/2 the tax. I guess I will appreciate the free
healthcare which the motorist pays for when I get sick, but it hasn't
happened yet...

Dave

oups.com...

Old July 16th 05, 07:32 PM
Dave Milne

I liked the thing out of Batman Returns, whatever it was.

Dave

Old July 16th 05, 08:18 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Where do you get the peanut oil?
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old July 16th 05, 09:23 PM
Paul Calman

Our club bought the old cook trailer from the Clairemont Lions Club down
there, and we hauled it home. It had two jugs of oil that were unopened, but
out of date and deemed to be not fit for, or needed for food use, so I
offered to dispose of it. Buying it would have cost more than diesel, which
is about $2.80 a gallon here. Not so in the UK, where many are using cheaper
rapeseed oil instead of diesel. I could do the greasel processing for free
fuel, but since i only use about 20 gallons monthly, it would be a waste of
time.
My original post was intended to point out that paying more for diesel
that for gas, is still a good move if the mileage returned is substantially
better, and there is the option of free fuel. I have even heard of guys
filtering used engine oil and using it blended with diesel, but that's not
going to happen in my engine.
Since I only paid $400 for the car in excellent condition, the purchase
price does not enter the equation. If you were calculating that, since used
2000 and up VW Jettas cost about the same regardless of fuel type, it doesnt
matter. You buy a car no matter what you plan on using as fuel.
Back on topic, a modification to a jeep with an engine that gets better
range on the same tank of fuel is a good thing, as long as you are driving
it and not following it.

--
Paul Calman, Hathaway Pines, California

Old July 16th 05, 09:34 PM
DougW

Dave Milne did pass the time by typing:
> I liked the thing out of Batman Returns, whatever it was.

Exactly. With a 10' long flame to discourage tailgaters
that don't have hotdogs or marshmallows stuck to the
front grill.

Old July 16th 05, 10:32 PM

About any fuel that will run a turbine will run a diesel, now that
JP-4 is history.

Old July 16th 05, 10:33 PM

Thre's nothing off topic about cutting fuel costs, and yes, I do (but
it's in pieces now).

Old July 16th 05, 10:35 PM
thomas

And how long does it take to squeeze enough peanuts to get 10 gal.? My
fingers are getting sore.

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III wrote:
> Where do you get the peanut oil?

tw

71 Bill Stroppe Baja Bronco
03 TJ Rubicon - Rubicon Express 4.5"
01 XJ Sport

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."
-- Dave Barry

Pronunciation: 'jEp
Function: noun
Date: 1940

Etymology: from g. p. (G= 'Government' P= '80 inch wheelbase')
A small general-purpose motor vehicle with 80-inch wheelbase,
1/4-ton capacity, and four-wheel drive used by the U.S. army in
World War II.

(Please remove the OBVIOUS to reply by email)
Old July 16th 05, 10:39 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Hi Paul,
What I was fishing for is there must be something mixed with your
peanut oil, if it's anything like the oil they fry fires in, just mixing
it with diesel is not enough it's got to volatile:
http://www.zetatalk.com/energy/tengy21d.htm
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old July 16th 05, 10:45 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Where is President Carter when we need him.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/