Civic Hybrid Coupe?

Old January 25th 07, 04:33 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Samson

Default Civic Hybrid Coupe?

Does anybody know if Honda will be offering a Civic Hybrid Coupe in
America in the near future? I am looking for car a bit shorter than
the Civic Sedan.

\Samson
Old January 25th 07, 12:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Joe LaVigne

On Thu, 25 Jan 2007 05:50:49 -0500, Elmo P. Shagnasty wrote:

> In article >,
> Samson > wrote:
>
>> Does anybody know if Honda will be offering a Civic Hybrid Coupe in
>> America in the near future? I am looking for car a bit shorter than
>> the Civic Sedan.
>>
>> \Samson

> the Civic coupe is 1.9 inches shorter than the sedan.
>
> You mean to tell us that you need that 1.9 inches for some other reason?
> That 1.9 inches is meaningful in your life?

That's all a matter of perspective, isn't it? ;-)
Old January 25th 07, 04:55 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Dano58

On Jan 24, 11:33 pm, Samson > wrote:
> Does anybody know if Honda will be offering a Civic Hybrid Coupe in
> America in the near future? I am looking for car a bit shorter than
> the Civic Sedan.
>
> \Samson

It's called the Insight.

Dan D
'07 Ody EX
Central NJ USA

Old January 26th 07, 07:18 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Joe LaVigne

On Thu, 25 Jan 2007 08:55:32 -0800, Dano58 wrote:

> On Jan 24, 11:33 pm, Samson > wrote:
>> Does anybody know if Honda will be offering a Civic Hybrid Coupe in
>> America in the near future? I am looking for car a bit shorter than
>> the Civic Sedan.
>>

> It's called the Insight.

If I am not mistaken, the Insight is no longer available.

Also, the Insight was a 2-seater. A Civic Coupe would be 4.5 seats.
Old January 26th 07, 08:47 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Tegger

Joe LaVigne > wrote in news:epca0f$95p$4
@news.datemas.de:

> On Thu, 25 Jan 2007 08:55:32 -0800, Dano58 wrote:
>
>> On Jan 24, 11:33 pm, Samson > wrote:
>>> Does anybody know if Honda will be offering a Civic Hybrid Coupe in
>>> America in the near future? I am looking for car a bit shorter than
>>> the Civic Sedan.
>>>

>> It's called the Insight.

> If I am not mistaken, the Insight is no longer available.
>
> Also, the Insight was a 2-seater. A Civic Coupe would be 4.5 seats.

So you can put .5 of a person in there as well. That's handy if you're an
ax-murderer.

--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Old January 26th 07, 10:07 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Joe LaVigne

>> Also, the Insight was a 2-seater. A Civic Coupe would be 4.5 seats.
>>

> So you can put .5 of a person in there as well. That's handy if you're an
> ax-murderer.

They call it 5 seats, but the middle seat in the back is barely wide
enough for an ethiopian. ;-)
Old January 26th 07, 04:52 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Samson

"Elmo P. Shagnasty" > wrote:

>In article >,
> Samson > wrote:
>
>> Does anybody know if Honda will be offering a Civic Hybrid Coupe in
>> America in the near future? I am looking for car a bit shorter than
>> the Civic Sedan.
>>
>> \Samson

>the Civic coupe is 1.9 inches shorter than the sedan.
>
>You mean to tell us that you need that 1.9 inches for some other reason?
>That 1.9 inches is meaningful in your life?

Oops. I was making the wrong comparison. I made a chart but misread
it or something when I was thinking about the difference between the
new Civic Coupe or Sedan.

I am considering from a bunch of different small cars for something to
replace my 91 Accord 4dr. I'd like a car short enough to allow me to
squeeze a motorcycle 250-500 cc motorcycle in front of the car. With
my 91 Accord which is 183.5" I have about 8" in back and 12" in front
of the car, so about 20" of space.

The Civic Coupe is 174.8"

The Civic Sedan is 176.7"

The Fit is 157.4"

The Yaris is 150.6"

The Scion XA is 154"

The Matrix is 171.3"

and yes, 1.9" might be meaningful in my life. Do those penis
extenders really work?
Old January 27th 07, 07:01 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Joe LaVigne

On Fri, 26 Jan 2007 15:03:58 -0500, Elmo P. Shagnasty wrote:

> In article >,
> Samson > wrote:
>
>> The Civic Coupe is 174.8"
>>
>> The Civic Sedan is 176.7"
>>
>> The Fit is 157.4"
>>
>> The Yaris is 150.6"
>>
>> The Scion XA is 154"
>>
>> The Matrix is 171.3"

> Scion XB: 155.3", and a damned fine car.

I took a look at Scions recently. They do seem to be a damned fine car,
but not as inexpensive as they seem on the surface. Once you add in all
of the features that come standard in many of the other lines (Civic, for
instance), you end up with a vehicle that costs just as much, or more.

Of the 3, I personally like the Xa best. To my eye, the Xb is just plain
ugly. The Tc is nice, but the Xa wins it for me...
Old January 28th 07, 06:49 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Joe LaVigne

On Sat, 27 Jan 2007 15:26:32 -0500, Elmo P. Shagnasty wrote:

> In article >,
> Joe LaVigne > wrote:
>
>> I took a look at Scions recently. They do seem to be a damned fine car,
>> but not as inexpensive as they seem on the surface. Once you add in all
>> of the features that come standard in many of the other lines (Civic, for
>> instance), you end up with a vehicle that costs just as much, or more.

> The point is, you can't buy the Civics without all that stuff. With
> Scion, it's almost a coachbuilding experience--start bare, and make it
> YOURS.
>
> Sure, if you let the competition define what "should" be on a
> car....which is silly.

It's all things that I actually WANT. Side airbags. Decent wheels. Good
stereo.

Basically, everything that came on my 06 Civic Si are things that I would
have paid extra for in options. I wouldn't settle for a car without them.
So, to me, a Scion isn't that great of a deal.

It is a fine starter car, though, for someone buying their first new car.
Young 20's, not a lot of cash. Being a Toyota product gives confidence
that it will be reliable, and you can get it dirt cheap, with no options...