147 service due, cambelt change needed?

Old June 12th 06, 11:44 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

Default 147 service due, cambelt change needed?

Hi,

I have a 2003, 03 plate 147 2.0 manual. Its coming up to its 3rd
anniversary next month which means time for the annual service. Its done
a little over 15k miles.

Do I need to consider changing the cambelt at this service given the low
mileage? Also should the service be a 36k service or something less
expensive?

Thanks in advance

rk

Old June 13th 06, 12:23 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

rk164 wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a 2003, 03 plate 147 2.0 manual. Its coming up to its 3rd
> anniversary next month which means time for the annual service. Its done
> a little over 15k miles.
>
> Do I need to consider changing the cambelt at this service given the low
> mileage? Also should the service be a 36k service or something less
> expensive?

I believe it should be the 36k service which will check for age related
wear to the cambelt. Time to consider extended warranties though as an
early cambelt failure is always a possibility and these can be covered
if you plan to keep the car serviced to schedule.

Cheers
Tony
Old June 13th 06, 05:57 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

Tony Rickard > wrote:

> rk164 wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a 2003, 03 plate 147 2.0 manual. Its coming up to its 3rd
> > anniversary next month which means time for the annual service. Its done
> > a little over 15k miles.
> >
> > Do I need to consider changing the cambelt at this service given the low
> > mileage? Also should the service be a 36k service or something less
> > expensive?

> I believe it should be the 36k service which will check for age related
> wear to the cambelt. Time to consider extended warranties though as an
> early cambelt failure is always a possibility and these can be covered
> if you plan to keep the car serviced to schedule.

Personally I wouldn't bother with the extended warranty - I'd have the
belt changed by an independent instead.

Alfa 156 2.0 TSpark - Fiat Marea 20v HLX - COSOC KOTL

How to handle service problem? Rocky Honda 4 January 15th 06 01:49 AM
Oil Life Charles D.Wolf Saturn 22 December 25th 05 10:44 AM
Oil change on 1996 Audi A6 - V6 2.6 litre engine (UK) Mark Audi 20 December 18th 05 02:28 PM
bmw z3 oil change, etc frischmoutt BMW 0 November 18th 05 06:48 PM
Service Interval on 2001 330D Billy Wizz BMW 2 May 2nd 05 07:31 PM