Cargo cover '94 XL

Old July 12th 06, 05:06 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Bob[_2_]

Default Cargo cover '94 XL

I have the base model 1994 Explorer. I would like to add a cargo cover,
but I don't see how it would connect to the back seat. I see the slots
in the rear where it would connect, but not in the front. Perhaps the
base model seat doesn't have slots for the cargo cover?

Thanks for any information, Bob.
Old July 13th 06, 04:25 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
monkeyboy via CarKB.com

Bob wrote:
>I have the base model 1994 Explorer. I would like to add a cargo cover,
>but I don't see how it would connect to the back seat. I see the slots
>in the rear where it would connect, but not in the front. Perhaps the
>base model seat doesn't have slots for the cargo cover?
>
>Thanks for any information, Bob.

I've got a picture from the manual that shows what you need.

Old July 13th 06, 07:13 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Bob[_2_]

monkeyboy via CarKB.com wrote:
> Bob wrote:
>
>>I have the base model 1994 Explorer. I would like to add a cargo cover,
>>but I don't see how it would connect to the back seat. I see the slots
>>in the rear where it would connect, but not in the front. Perhaps the
>>base model seat doesn't have slots for the cargo cover?
>>
>>Thanks for any information, Bob.

> I've got a picture from the manual that shows what you need.

monkeyboy via CarKB.com wrote:
> Bob wrote:
>
>>I have the base model 1994 Explorer. I would like to add a cargo cover,
>>but I don't see how it would connect to the back seat. I see the slots
>>in the rear where it would connect, but not in the front. Perhaps the
>>base model seat doesn't have slots for the cargo cover?
>>
>>Thanks for any information, Bob.

> I've got a picture from the manual that shows what you need.

Great. Could you email me the picture? thanks.
Old July 13th 06, 07:56 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
monkeyboy via CarKB.com

Bob wrote:
>>>I have the base model 1994 Explorer. I would like to add a cargo cover,
>>>but I don't see how it would connect to the back seat. I see the slots

>[quoted text clipped - 15 lines]
>> I've got a picture from the manual that shows what you need.
>>

>Great. Could you email me the picture? thanks.

Did you email me cause I didn't receive any. Need your email address.

Old July 14th 06, 12:39 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Bob[_2_]

Old July 14th 06, 12:41 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Bob[_2_]

cmiles3 wrote:

> On my '93, the cargo cover attaches to the sides, behind the seat.
> That way, the seats still fold down, and you can leave the cargo cover
> in place.
>
> Chuck
>
> Bob wrote:
>
>>I have the base model 1994 Explorer. I would like to add a cargo cover,
>>but I don't see how it would connect to the back seat. I see the slots
>>in the rear where it would connect, but not in the front. Perhaps the
>>base model seat doesn't have slots for the cargo cover?
>>
>>Thanks for any information, Bob.

thanks for responding. how does it attach to the sides? slots in the
sides? I don't see anything where it would attach.
Old July 15th 06, 05:48 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
dr bob

Bob > wrote:

>cmiles3 wrote:

>> On my '93, the cargo cover attaches to the sides, behind the seat.
>> That way, the seats still fold down, and you can leave the cargo cover
>> in place.
>>
>> Chuck
>>
>> Bob wrote:
>>
>>>I have the base model 1994 Explorer. I would like to add a cargo cover,
>>>but I don't see how it would connect to the back seat. I see the slots
>>>in the rear where it would connect, but not in the front. Perhaps the
>>>base model seat doesn't have slots for the cargo cover?
>>>
>>>Thanks for any information, Bob.

>thanks for responding. how does it attach to the sides? slots in the
>sides? I don't see anything where it would attach.

The cover requires a cuple little attachment brackets that screw on to
the side panels just behind where the rear seat sits when up. The
cover has a couple little ears that fit into slots in the top of the
brackets, then there are little tabs that hold it in place until
released. Bottom line: You'll need to find those attachment brackets
to install the factory cover.

Hope this helps!

dr bob

Old July 28th 06, 01:24 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Jake B.

here's what you need:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-...mZ 8076128492

these brackets are in tan, but Tom (the seller) might have some in grey too.

Bernd

Old July 31st 06, 02:38 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Bob[_2_]

Jake B. wrote:

> here's what you need:
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-...mZ 8076128492
>
> these brackets are in tan, but Tom (the seller) might have some in grey too.
>
> Bernd
>
> "dr bob" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>
>>Bob > wrote:

>>>thanks for responding. how does it attach to the sides? slots in the
>>>sides? I don't see anything where it would attach.

>>The cover requires a cuple little attachment brackets that screw on to
>>the side panels just behind where the rear seat sits when up. The
>>cover has a couple little ears that fit into slots in the top of the
>>brackets, then there are little tabs that hold it in place until
>>released. Bottom line: You'll need to find those attachment brackets
>>to install the factory cover.
>>
>>Hope this helps!
>>

>>dr bob

It helped a lot. Thanks everyone for your replies.

Cargo Cover R B S Saturn 2 January 22nd 06 05:40 PM
Honda crv cargo cover in the UK? bobbymobile 4x4 1 December 23rd 05 09:23 AM
Honda crv cargo cover in the UK? bobbymobile Honda 1 December 23rd 05 09:23 AM
Wanted: 2000 VW Passat Wagon Cargo Cover [email protected] VW water cooled 1 October 26th 05 12:35 PM
cargo cover for 2004 Toyota RAV4? willieace 4x4 2 November 9th 04 02:44 PM