Loud Running---L-300??

Old January 7th 07, 05:50 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
BläBlä[_2_]

Default Loud Running---L-300?? (Oppie)

In article >,
says...

wrote:

> > What do you think about Extended Warranty's are they really worth the
> > money? Do you think I should get one or just take my chances?

> Can you even get one at this juncture?
>
> Extended warranties are probably a good idea on vehicles and makes with
> historically low long term reliability ratings, and Saturn certainly
> falls into that category.

Thank you for your possibly biased and clearly over generalized opinion.
Most of these people who do have issues in here generally have already
exceeded 100K miles which trumps every factory extended warranties that
I know of. The big ticket items are, if equipped, Timing belts breaking
(which can be avoided with conservative maintenance), some SOHC heads
cracking, and CVT transmissions in general. All other issues are fairly
inexpensive if they even occur under warranty. The only other major
problems have been from blatant lack of service.