still think this is the USA you remember?

Old August 5th 06, 02:00 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
DYM[_1_]

Default still think this is the USA you remember?

"jaybird" > wrote in
:

> "Scott en Aztlán" > wrote in message
>>
>> Because (to borrow a bit of police jargon) that's Jaybird's MO. He is
>> always ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN that whatever a cop does is done with very
>> good reasons, and we the public just don't know (or are not entitled
>> to know) what those reasons are.

> On the contrary, I'm quite certain that the cops are secure in what
> they did. One of the reasons that I post here is to try and give a
> perspective from that viewpoint, although it's not always what
> everyone wants to hear.

If they weren't Philly cops, I'd be inclined to take jaybird's position.
However, like most large city police departments, they have a history of
this. I grew up in Philly, and you didn't look cross-eyed at a cop. This
was during the Rizzo years. It has gotten MUCH better, but it's not
something I'd put past them. I missed the story the first time around. I
haven't seen it reported in other sources. It must be stated that it's a,
um, difficult time for the police in Phila. with the exception of the
homicide rate, crime is going down. But they are on track to surpass last
years record braking year in killings, the vast majority are shootings.

INSHO is that some cops over-reacted, that's why he wasn't charged. It
will take a good bit of time, but it will be investigated. That's the way
it happens here.

Doug
Old August 5th 06, 05:32 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
barking pumpkin

jaybird wrote:

> On the contrary, I'm quite certain that the cops are secure in what they
> did. One of the reasons that I post here is to try and give a perspective
> from that viewpoint,

I'd be LMAO if it weren't for the fact that there are many victims of cops.

Please tell us your "perspective" on the shooting death of Ida Lee
Delaney. She was on her way to work one morning when 3 off duty cops
who happened to be drunk and going home from a bar chased her for miles
and finally shot her to death.

Old August 5th 06, 05:44 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Matthew Russotto

In article >,
DYM > wrote:

>haven't seen it reported in other sources. It must be stated that it's a,
>um, difficult time for the police in Phila. with the exception of the
>homicide rate, crime is going down. But they are on track to surpass last
>years record braking year in killings, the vast majority are shootings.

I wouldn't put it past them to be under orders to encourage them in
order to push Street's gun control agenda.

>INSHO is that some cops over-reacted, that's why he wasn't charged. It
>will take a good bit of time, but it will be investigated. That's the way
>it happens here.

To say they over-reacted is to give them too much credit. They
reacted to a situation that should not have concerned them at all;
it's a qualitative error, not a quantitative one.
result in a fully-depreciated one.
Old August 5th 06, 09:34 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
jaybird

"DYM" > wrote in message
> "jaybird" > wrote in
> :
>

>> "Scott en Aztlán" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> Because (to borrow a bit of police jargon) that's Jaybird's MO. He is
>>> always ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN that whatever a cop does is done with very
>>> good reasons, and we the public just don't know (or are not entitled
>>> to know) what those reasons are.

>> On the contrary, I'm quite certain that the cops are secure in what
>> they did. One of the reasons that I post here is to try and give a
>> perspective from that viewpoint, although it's not always what
>> everyone wants to hear.
>>

> If they weren't Philly cops, I'd be inclined to take jaybird's position.
> However, like most large city police departments, they have a history of
> this.

<snip prejudiced, unsubstantiated rant>

Large city departments just get sensationalized more. They have more crime,
more people, and more cops than small towns so when something major happens,
it's all over the sensationalized media. One, two, or ten incidents
compared to the thousand of other incidents that no one hears about, doesn't
make large cities have a "history of this".

--
---
jaybird

"There is no safety for honest men except by believing all possible evil of
evil men." - Edmund Burke