Tyre Pressures

Old May 23rd 05, 10:49 PM
FWoodside

Default Tyre Pressures

Hi everyone I need some advice, I have just fitted a new set of BF Goodrich
T/As 235/70/16 to my 2002 Cherokee (Liberty) and I unsure of the tyre
pressures for them. Will they be the same as the Wranglers I have just wore
out, which were 33psi or can any one tell me what they are running in their
BF T/As......... Many thanks

Old May 23rd 05, 11:10 PM
Mike Romain

Normally if you go up in size, you can drop the air a bit, but only a lb
or two.

You can do a chalk test to see how much rubber you have on the road.
Put a bunch of chalk marks across the tire and drive straight a few feet
and see what is left. A good footprint will have an inch or so at the
sides max.

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

Old May 25th 05, 12:45 AM
Jeff Strickland

If the Goodyear Wranglers wore out evenly at 33, then the BFGs should be
fine. Personally, I have to wonder if 33psi is a bit too high for any tires
on that vehicle. If it was in my garage, I'd be thinking that 28 to 30 would
be about right.

Old May 25th 05, 02:47 PM
Brian Foster

FW, try running "tires" on your jeep instead of Tyres and see if you don't
get better results.....

I feel your pain bro, I'm the world's worst speller.......

Old May 25th 05, 08:44 PM
Danny

Brian Foster wrote:
> FW, try running "tires" on your jeep instead of Tyres and see if you don't
> get better results.....
>
> I feel your pain bro, I'm the world's worst speller.......
> "FWoodside" > wrote in message

Why - Tyre is the correct spelling Whilst tiring is the act of
getting bored or tired...

--
Regards,
Danny

http://www.gaggia-espresso.com (a purely hobby site)
http://www.dannyscoffee.com (UK advert for my mobile espresso service)
http://www.malabargold.co.uk (UK/European online ordering for Malabar
Gold blend)
swap Z for above characters in email address to reply

Old May 25th 05, 08:53 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

http://www.tyres-online.co.uk/techinfo/4x4tyre.asp
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Brian Foster wrote:

> FW, try running "tires" on your jeep instead of Tyres and see if you don't
> get better results.....

need tyre pressures for Kangoo 1.7D van pbhj Driving 0 May 18th 05 11:37 PM
330i wrong tyre choice Chap BMW 12 February 8th 05 10:50 PM
Type 25 Battery and Tyre problems Caie VW air cooled 3 November 25th 04 01:24 AM
156 Quiet Tyre reccomendation - UK Steve P Alfa Romeo 2 October 4th 04 07:46 PM
Alfa 164 Tyre Pressures - Info needed Tom Boltwood Alfa Romeo 5 April 30th 04 11:06 PM