help identifying a car from the 60s

Old June 5th 07, 12:10 PM posted to rec.autos.antique
[email protected]

Default help identifying a car from the 60s

Hello,

I am trying to identify a movie from a single picture I have,
which shows a car radio and a portion of the dashboard. I have so far
identified the radio as being a US Blaupunkt Frankfurt, probably from
the late 60s, and I was wondering whether anyone here would be able to
identify the car (maybe a Porsche) from the small part of the
dashboard
that is visible.

Any information would be appreciated! The image is he

http://laclasse.zoy.org/shots/autoradio.jpeg

Kind regards,
--
Sam.

Old June 7th 07, 09:43 PM posted to rec.autos.antique
Otto Skorzeny

My local Porsche expert advises that it could be from either a 356B or
a 914, the color makes her think it more likely a 914 & that would
also probably fall more in line with the vintage radio.

Forrest

Old June 13th 07, 03:56 PM posted to rec.autos.antique
[email protected]

On Jun 7, 10:43 pm, Otto Skorzeny > wrote:
> My local Porsche expert advises that it could be from either a 356B or
> a 914

Not a 356, but close. The 356 interior looks like this:

http://home.houston.rr.com/zoom1/o.jpg
http://www.356-911.com/shop/carforsa...ustin/int1.jpg

As you can see, it doesn't really have the three big dials from Sam's
picture.

The 914 interior doesn't match at all:

http://i9.ebayimg.com/04/i/000/a4/78/ad3d_3.JPG

Cheers,

Guillaume

Old June 13th 07, 05:23 PM posted to rec.autos.antique
v8z

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> On Jun 7, 10:43 pm, Otto Skorzeny > wrote:
> > My local Porsche expert advises that it could be from either a 356B or
> > a 914

> Not a 356, but close. The 356 interior looks like this:
>
> http://home.houston.rr.com/zoom1/o.jpg
> http://www.356-911.com/shop/carforsa...ustin/int1.jpg
>
> As you can see, it doesn't really have the three big dials from Sam's
> picture.
>
> The 914 interior doesn't match at all:
>
> http://i9.ebayimg.com/04/i/000/a4/78/ad3d_3.JPG
>
> Cheers,
>
> Guillaume

Radio is a Blaupunkt Franfurt but no info on the vehicle
http://www.oldtimerradio.com/auto.html
http://www.oldtimerradio.com/fotki/b...t_karmann1.jpg
http://www.oldtimerradio.com/fotki/b...t_karmann3.jpg

Old June 16th 07, 05:12 AM posted to rec.autos.antique
[email protected]

It could be a late 60's Alfa Romeo Spider. There's one in The Graduate
but I'm pretty sure it was red. Maybe a 007 movie?

http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/149/romeouj4.jpg

Anna

Old June 21st 07, 07:28 PM posted to rec.autos.antique
[email protected]

On Jun 16, 6:12 am, " >
wrote:
> It could be a late 60's Alfa Romeo Spider. There's one in The Graduate
> but I'm pretty sure it was red. Maybe a 007 movie?
>
> http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/149/romeouj4.jpg

This definitely looks like it. Even the switches on the
sides of the radio match! Thanks a lot.

Cheers,
--
Sam.

Old June 25th 07, 04:03 PM posted to rec.autos.antique
[email protected]

On Jun 21, 12:28 pm, wrote:
> On Jun 16, 6:12 am, " >
> wrote:
>
> > It could be a late 60's Alfa Romeo Spider. There's one in The Graduate
> > but I'm pretty sure it was red. Maybe a 007 movie?

> >http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/149/romeouj4.jpg

> This definitely looks like it. Even the switches on the
> sides of the radio match! Thanks a lot.
>
> Cheers,
> --
> Sam.

As for the movie, a friend has suggested that the French movie "Les
Choses de la vie" by Claude Sautet had the right car in the right
color in it. I've never seen the movie and can't find a copy so I'll
let you know that in Germany it was release as "Die Dinge des Lebens"
and in the US "The Things of Life".

Glad to help,

Anna

Need Help Identifying Car Robert[_7_] Auto Photos 6 January 15th 07 05:29 AM
Help identifying leak Geo Technology 16 April 20th 06 09:44 PM
Need help identifying part on 1.8T Bob VW water cooled 3 March 8th 06 06:39 PM
need help identifying cable Eric VW water cooled 3 August 4th 05 12:11 PM
I need some help identifying a very old car Luiz Antique cars 0 April 22nd 04 02:05 PM