Best place to buy parts?

Old October 5th 04, 01:35 AM
FartSmeller

Default Best place to buy parts?

Need some parts for a 96 Civic (DX 2dr 5spd D16y7 175K mi) and I'm looking
for suggestions on where to get them.

Here's my list:

Idle Air Control Valve - Dealer wants $249. Local auto parts stores are
about the same. Majestic Honda (online) has it for $137. Also found a used
one online for $55 but I don't think I want to risk it. Why is this part so
expensive? I think I'm going with Majestic unless anyone comes up with a
better alternative.

Front Brakes - The rotors are pretty warped so I want to replace them and
also get new pads. Anything else I should replace while I'm at it?
Majestic wants $60 per disk - seems a bit steep.

Rear Brakes - The drums are pretty rusty but I think they'll be OK but I
definitely need shoes.

AC Condenser - Majestic has it for 113. Seems hard to beat.

Thanks in advance for suggestions and advice.

Old October 9th 04, 04:40 AM
ajpdla

I've ordered from Majestic a couple of times now. I'd go with them unless
you decide otherwise on used. I haven't found anything cheaper than these
guys when it comes to good Honda parts for my rig.

AIRN