What's a good web site for 2007 Civics?

Old October 22nd 06, 01:55 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Nobody

Default What's a good web site for 2007 Civics?

Looking for forums discussing problems, etc. tia
Old October 22nd 06, 10:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
ACAR[_1_]

Nobody wrote:
> Looking for forums discussing problems, etc. tia

Edmunds.com forums are pretty good because the folks aren't necessarily
brand loyalists so you get some objectivity. On the other hand, quite a
few don't know much about cars so lots of space is taken up with some
basic explanations. You can google for other forums, of course. Temple
of VTEC has forums but they are all Honda fans.

Kinda says something to me that the Corolla still outsells the
redesigned Civic.

Old October 24th 06, 01:50 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Nobody

"ACAR" > wrote in news:1161552582.600510.251030
@m7g2000cwm.googlegroups.com:

> Kinda says something to me that the Corolla still outsells the
> redesigned Civic.

Notice a lot of used '06s on lots? A few months after they came out I
would see one here and there at various dealerships with a few thousand
miles on them (and they weren't demos...non-Honda dealerships)
Old October 24th 06, 03:03 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
ACAR

Nobody wrote:

> Notice a lot of used '06s on lots?

snip

I haven't spent much time with the new Civic. I sat in one and didn't
like the visibility from the driver's seat, especially how far in front
of the car I could first see the pavement. Too many alternative good
choices for me to put up with what I consider a significant flaw. Of
course, YMMV.

(Plan to hold out for a plug-in Prius as our next econo car.)

Old October 24th 06, 12:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
ACAR

ACAR wrote:

> snip
>
> Of course, YMMV.

It appears that many folks don't agree with me; see this from
Automotive News;

"Demand for Honda's fuel-efficient, four-cylinder Civic car has
prompted Honda of America Manufacturing to move production of the Honda
Pilot SUV from Canada to Alabama.

Honda in February will begin moving Pilot production from its Alliston,
Ontario, plant to Lincoln, Ala.

The move will return the Lincoln plant to full annual capacity of
300,000 vehicles and make it the sole source for the Pilot and Honda
Odyssey minivan. The Lincoln plant also makes 300,000 engines annually.

After moving the Pilot out of Canada, Honda in April will add Civic
sedan production to Alliston's Plant 2 for the first time. Plant 2 has
only produced light trucks since opening in fall 1998. Plant 1 in
Alliston already builds Civic sedans and coupes...."

The ramp up in production will increase Civic sales as dealers become
able to offer discounts.

The other Honda story here is their shrinking trucklette market.