Replaced the exact right part, thank you Mike Romain and Snow

Old May 19th 06, 07:09 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Default Replaced the exact right part, thank you Mike Romain and Snow

....and several others over the years who have posted on the Jeep
Wrangler fan motor only running at high speed. I have a 2004 Wrangler
Sport, under warrantee still, but after the low speed died, I could not
find the time to drop the vehicle off to the local dealer - yesterday
the medium speed died. Only left with high speed, which I only use in
extreme cold or extreme heat.

I decided it was worth paying for the part if it wasn't too expensive,
and doing it myself today, rather than schedule the time with the
dealer service guys, drop the Jeep off, schlep back when (maybe)
they've fixed it, and argue whether or not it is covered by extended
warrantee or not.

16.00 for the part. 20 minutes to put in. Fan works again on all
speeds. Having the FSM? Priceless... At least it paid for itself.

BUT - from reading this newsgroup over the last couple of years I had a
pretty good idea of what was wrong, and many people saying the part was
easy to replace. And Mike Romain and Snow posting very specific
symptoms that steered me to the right part the first time, always a
plus.

Thanks.
--doug

Old May 19th 06, 08:01 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Glad it was an easy fix, and thanks for telling us.

Old May 19th 06, 08:10 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

You are welcome, thanks for the update.

Mike

Old May 20th 06, 12:53 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Cool doug, but the winter time has been over for some time, just take
the top off, and put a T-shirt over the seat for later.
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old May 20th 06, 02:49 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Bill, you have to get out of Kalifornia once in a while, and see how the
"real world" lives. Cleveland, Ohio weather has been cold and rainy for the
last few weeks. YUK! Down into the 40's at night sometimes and some days
the highs were in the low 50's.

Boo Hoo.

Tom

Old May 20th 06, 03:02 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Looks like there's enough time to caught a few waves:
http://www.camzone.com/index.php?cam=scripps
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/