1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo SE Straight V6 4.0L 4x4

Old June 27th 05, 03:41 PM
gor595gee

Default 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo SE Straight V6 4.0L 4x4

My Jeep has recently had overheating problems, therefore my spouse and I
have changed the thermostat, radiator, water pump, spark plugs, and all
hoses, battery. It is running rough and vibrating still and will not stay
running. The vents are blowing cold air when the controls are set for hot,
even after the car has warmed up. The engine light does not come on, we've
even tried the computer code reader and it says everything passes. I can't
figure for the life of me what else is wrong. Can someone give any
suggestions?

Thank You,
Gor595Gee

Old June 27th 05, 04:37 PM
Dave

I've heard on this NG about being careful when replacing water-pumps as
the 4.0L has a reverse-spinning pump..? Can someone else confirm this?

If you had overheating problems, maybe you've warped the head, and have
a gasket leak? Are the oil & coolant still their natural colors?

Old June 27th 05, 05:03 PM
mc

I'm no mechanic but it sounds like maybe your heater core could be
clogged.

Old June 27th 05, 05:20 PM
Nat Man

It sounds like your heater core or the line going to it may be blocked for
one thing. This could explain why the car is running hot and the vents are
blowing cold air when the controls are set for hot. I don't know if that
could be causing the engine to run rough and vibrate though. When was the
last time you flushed the system?

Nat Man

lkaboutautos.com...

Old June 27th 05, 09:57 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Five for five boxed incorrectly out of Pep Boys and Kragen:
http://www.billhughes.com/waterPump.jpg
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O

Old June 28th 05, 02:57 AM
Stephen Cowell

"gor595gee" > wrote in message =
lkaboutautos.com...
> My Jeep has recently had overheating problems, therefore my spouse and =

> have changed the thermostat, radiator, water pump, spark plugs, and =

all
> hoses, battery. It is running rough and vibrating still and will not =

stay
> running.=20

Check the plug wires and firing order... you might
have two reversed.

> The vents are blowing cold air when the controls are set for hot,
> even after the car has warmed up. The engine light does not come on, =

we've
> even tried the computer code reader and it says everything passes. I =

can't
> figure for the life of me what else is wrong. Can someone give any
> suggestions?

Exorcism?
__
Steve
..

Old June 28th 05, 03:36 AM
gor595gee

The spark plugs are all fine. We still can't figure it out. Thanks

Old June 28th 05, 03:39 AM
gor595gee

We flushed the system before we did the work, the line is not blocked, we
are going to check the heater core tomorrow.

Old June 28th 05, 03:40 AM
gor595gee

We plan to check the heater core.

Old June 28th 05, 03:43 AM
gor595gee

We have the water pump that says "R". We also have noticed air coming from
a certain part of the heads, and I do see some oil leakage, I will try
that as well (change the head gaskets), but the heads are fine, no
clanking noise (Pistons) while we let it run for 1/2 hour.

Thanks

1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Keyless Remote Programing Key Fob [email protected] Chrysler 0 June 6th 05 03:47 PM
What is a TJ? Brian Foster Jeep 23 January 22nd 05 06:06 AM
Jeep VS others Elliot Westcott Chrysler 64 December 19th 04 02:22 PM