Fix for G25 shifter?

Old April 28th 09, 07:27 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Jussi Koukku

Default Fix for G25 shifter?

RocketMan wrote:
> When I have returned the unit (under warranty) the retailer has had
> the unit for about four weeks, and returned it saying their is nothing
> wrong with the unit! The problem is still there, except the shifter is
> more 'sloppy' upon return!

If the retailer is reluctant to replace a clearly faulty unit under
warranty, you can contact Logitech directly either by phone or through
their website. They can send you new wheel. I got a replacement
delivered to my door in about a week.

- jussi -
Old April 28th 09, 07:31 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
RocketMan[_2_]

I didn't explain myself properly...
When I returned the unit to the retailer complaining about the gear
shift, the reason it took four weeks was that they had to send the whole
unit (wheel, pedals, shifter) back to Logitech. Logitech were the people
that told me that there was nothing wrong with the unit!!

RocketMan.

Old April 28th 09, 08:14 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
RocketMan[_2_]

Default Update on fix for G25 shifter?

Firstly, thanks for all the advice, guys! Much appreciated.
Currently I am going with Uwe's idea, but will definitely look at
opening up the unit and investigating fixing the problem more
permanently. Still thinking about purchasing the five shifters as well...
When I looked at my profile's PLR file there was no reference to
'Repeat Shifts', so I just added it after the other gear references.
Repeat Shifts="5" works just fine! Although I can still 'feel' the gear
shift occasionally miss the next gear, so a more permanent solution will
possibly be required.

RocketMan.

Old April 29th 09, 06:12 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Boofhead[_2_]

"RocketMan" > wrote in message
> When I looked at my profile's PLR file there was no reference to 'Repeat
> Shifts', so I just added it after the other gear references. Repeat
> Shifts="5" works just fine! Although I can still 'feel' the gear shift
> occasionally miss the next gear, so a more permanent solution will
> possibly be required.

I also added the repeat shifts line to my player file in GTR2 but when I
checked later it was gone and I still had the same problem. I tried several
times but it always disappeared.

Has it stayed in your player file?

Tony

Old May 7th 09, 05:54 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Movnmik

I was able to test 3 of the 5 shifters and they work with no problems
at all. I'm feeling the other shifters will be fine as well. I hope
to test them in the next day or so.
With that being said, I would recommend buying them if you know others
that would benefit as well.

Once I do test the remaining two and confirm that they work. I will
be selling three shifters (two from the five I just purchased and my
original shifter that has the reverse problem)

I will be selling the new shifters for $20/each + actual shipping and
handling. If I need to get a box I may add $1. I'm not looking to
make any money from this just don't want to lose any money.

The old shifter I will be selling for $12 + actual shipping and
handling (Since the reverse doesn't work).

Just let me know if anyone is interested.

Thanks

Mike

Old May 7th 09, 05:59 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Movnmik

On May 7, 12:54*pm, Movnmik > wrote:
> I was able to test 3 of the 5 shifters and they work with no problems
> at all. I'm feeling the other shifters will be fine as well. *I hope
> to test them in the next day or so.
> With that being said, I would recommend buying them if you know others
> that would benefit as well.
>
> Once I do test the remaining two and confirm that they work. *I will
> be selling three shifters *(two from the five I just purchased and my
> original shifter that has the reverse problem)
>
> I will be selling the new shifters for $20/each + actual shipping and
> handling. *If I need to get a box I may add $1. *I'm not looking to
> make any money from this just don't want to lose any money.
>
> The old shifter I will be selling for $12 + actual shipping and
> handling (Since the reverse doesn't work).
>
> Just let me know if anyone is interested.
>
> Thanks
>
> Mike
>
> On Apr 29, 1:12*am, "Boofhead" > wrote:
>

> > "RocketMan" > wrote in message

> > > * When I looked at my profile's PLR file there was no reference to 'Repeat
> > > Shifts', so I just added it after the other gear references. Repeat
> > > Shifts="5" works just fine! Although I can still 'feel' the gear shift
> > > occasionally miss the next gear, so a more permanent solution will
> > > possibly be required.

> > I also added the repeat shifts line to my player file in GTR2 but when I
> > checked later it was gone and I still had the same problem. I tried several
> > times but it always disappeared.

> > Has it stayed in your player file?

> > Tony

I want to clarify my last post.
I recommend buying the lot of 5 off of Ebay if you know that you can
distribute them (I am not related to the Ebay seller in any way, shape
or form).

If you just need one or two then you might consider buying from me.
Rocketman, since you originated the post I will give you first dibs if
you need the one's i'm selling. Just let me know.
Old May 11th 09, 08:04 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
RocketMan[_2_]

Thanks very much for the offer, Movnmik. Sorry about the delay in
replying.
I have had no probs since changing my PLR file - in GTR2, at least
anyway.
The shifters seem such a bargain, that I think I will buy 5 from Ebay
as well, just as a backup. With five new shifters I will have 4 more
years of G25 use if the same problem reoccurs.
Thanks very much for your offer and advice.

RocketMan.

Old May 12th 09, 02:56 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Movnmik

RocketMan,

Sounds like a plan. I agree, 5 shifters for $100 is a bargain hence
the purchase - even if I can't sell them I always have spares. Its
nice to now have a shifter that the reverse works.

Old May 13th 09, 12:52 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
RocketMan[_2_]

Sorry, I can't help myself...
Reverse??! Aren't you supposed to be going forward?
You should only need reverse if you crash!

RocketMan

Just a joke, of course.