No postings since Christmas Eve?

Old January 4th 09, 06:04 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Christopher Muto

Default No postings since Christmas Eve?

one possible cause for the limited posts is that the free news server that
some people here use (aioe.org) has been down for weeks. for those that
need an alternative there is a service called www.teranews.com that is
almost free... it require a one time setup fee of $3.95 to get free use of
their servers for up to 50mb of data per month (that is a lot of text, but
not a lot of binaries). many internet service providers have stopped
including news servers with their standard service and this is threatening
the future of news groups.

news

Old January 4th 09, 09:15 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_3_]

"Christopher Muto" > wrote:

> one possible cause for the limited posts is that the free news
> server that some people here use (aioe.org) has been down for
> weeks. for those that need an alternative there is a service
> called www.teranews.com that is almost free... it require a one
> time setup fee of $3.95 to get free use of their servers for up to
> 50mb of data per month (that is a lot of text, but not a lot of
> binaries).

Motzarella is completely free and pretty reliable but it's text only.

You can sign up he http://news.motzarella.org/

The Usenet Improvement Project:
http://improve-usenet.org