Weather forecast...

Old December 14th 08, 04:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_3_]

Default Weather forecast...

Everyone in Arizona and California can disregard the forecast, I have
to drive to the left coast on Tuesday so yesterday I bought new wiper
blades for the Miata. We all know it won't rain if you have new wiper
blades.... ;-)

The Usenet Improvement Project:
http://improve-usenet.org
Old December 14th 08, 07:07 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
John McGaw

XS11E wrote:
> Everyone in Arizona and California can disregard the forecast, I have
> to drive to the left coast on Tuesday so yesterday I bought new wiper
> blades for the Miata. We all know it won't rain if you have new wiper
> blades.... ;-)

But sometimes you _can_ have freezing sleet which hardens to the
consistency of diamonds as it hits the windshield and which cannot be
softened by defroster or budged by wipers. I remember this from living in
Alaska. Luckily it doesn't seem to apply hereabouts. But if it did there is
always the '93 Dodge 4WD pickup in the driveway which I don't give a rat's
about...

--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]
Old December 15th 08, 04:05 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Mike

So far, it is not working, although it is only Monday. Weather
forecasting is clearly an art not a science so your method may be
better than all the high powered forecasters.

My Miata does not have new wiper blades since (1) it doesn't go out in
the rain and (2) they are "pretty" new. I'm not sure what that says
about weather or climate.

Northern California here.

Old December 15th 08, 04:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
miker[_2_]

> My Miata does not have new wiper blades since (1) it doesn't go out in
> the rain and (2) they are "pretty" new. I'm not sure what that says
> about weather or climate.

My Miata has new wiper blades today, because (1) it rained, being above 35,
and then (2) froze them hard to the windshield, being around 5 a couple
hours later. Ripped the rubber right off.

miker

Old December 15th 08, 05:32 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_3_]

"miker" > wrote:

>> My Miata does not have new wiper blades since (1) it doesn't go
>> out in the rain and (2) they are "pretty" new. I'm not sure what
>> that says about weather or climate.

> My Miata has new wiper blades today, because (1) it rained, being
> above 35, and then (2) froze them hard to the windshield, being
> around 5 a couple hours later. Ripped the rubber right off.

That only happens if you can't sweet talk She Who Must Be Obeyed out of
her hair dryer. <G>

On the above, why in the world do women get so upset when we do
perfectly natural things such as using their hair dryer to defrost the
windshield or washing Miata parts in the kitchen sink or....?

Old December 15th 08, 07:33 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Lanny Chambers

In article >,
XS11E > wrote:

> On the above, why in the world do women get so upset when we do
> perfectly natural things such as using their hair dryer to defrost the
> windshield

You pig. Use your own hair dryer. I've got a Tim Allen Signature
Model...5000 watts of supercharged, fuel injected, ice-melting fury.

Unh, unh, unh...

--
Lanny Chambers
St. Louis, MO
Old December 15th 08, 07:37 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_3_]

Lanny Chambers > wrote:

> In article >,
> XS11E > wrote:
>
>> On the above, why in the world do women get so upset when we do
>> perfectly natural things such as using their hair dryer to
>> defrost the windshield

> You pig. Use your own hair dryer. I've got a Tim Allen Signature
> Model...5000 watts of supercharged, fuel injected, ice-melting
> fury.

I don't have a hair drier, the people at the store said they're only
for people with hair. <sob, sniffle>

Old December 15th 08, 08:09 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
miker[_2_]

> That only happens if you can't sweet talk She Who Must Be Obeyed out of
> her hair dryer. <G>

I would never do that... I would expect a minute or so of gentle warming to
be followed with a loud *CRACK* as the windshield shatters...

miker

Old December 15th 08, 08:14 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_3_]

"miker" > wrote:

>> That only happens if you can't sweet talk She Who Must Be Obeyed
>> out of her hair dryer. <G>

> I would never do that... I would expect a minute or so of gentle
> warming to be followed with a loud *CRACK* as the windshield
> shatters...

I NEED a new windshield, mine is pitted, so a crack would mean my no
deductible glass insurance would cover it!

Old December 15th 08, 11:27 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Grant Edwards

On 2008-12-15, XS11E > wrote:
> "miker" > wrote:
>
>>> That only happens if you can't sweet talk She Who Must Be Obeyed
>>> out of her hair dryer. <G>

>> I would never do that... I would expect a minute or so of gentle
>> warming to be followed with a loud *CRACK* as the windshield
>> shatters...

> I NEED a new windshield, mine is pitted, so a crack would mean my no
> deductible glass insurance would cover it!

Not if they find out you did it with a hair dryer...

--
Grant Edwards grante Yow! ... he dominates the
at DECADENT SUBWAY SCENE.

It's Not Me, It's The Weather M. L. Dent Driving 6 November 12th 08 06:59 AM
Weather Spike Ford Mustang 18 December 1st 05 10:08 PM
OKC weather. DougW Jeep 4 June 17th 05 09:52 PM
Forecast Alfa GT depreciation?? [email protected] Alfa Romeo 4 April 9th 05 06:54 PM