Stupid Americans! -- Stupid... Stupid... STUPID!!! __________-+__ isubtob

Old November 9th 04, 11:11 PM
mcewena

Default Stupid Americans! -- Stupid... Stupid... STUPID!!! __________-+__ isubtob

>>Why do you now feel safer?
>>I've yet to hear an explanation that doesn't decend into rhetoric

after 2 sentences

The streak continues...

Old November 9th 04, 11:23 PM
Dave Henrie

"mcewena" > wrote in news:1100041882.037318.42500
@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

>>>Why do you now feel safer?
>>>I've yet to hear an explanation that doesn't decend into rhetoric

> after 2 sentences
>

> The streak continues...

after only two?

dave henrie
Old November 10th 04, 12:00 AM
mcewena

After that I stopped reading as I couldn't tell what your point was...

Old November 10th 04, 06:12 AM
TW

On Tue, 9 Nov 2004 23:26:15 -0000, "Mark Davison"
> wrote:

>but are you saying it was valid for the US to storm in because there was a
>goverment that openly supported terrorists, terrorist goals, and terrorist's
>families?

Geez, after what happened on 9/11, that's not a very tough question
for me to answer. We should sit with our thumbs up our ass and wait
for the next attack?

Old November 10th 04, 01:43 PM
Mark

Dave Henrie > wrote in message .97.136>...

> So yeah...I am not afraid to say. I voted for the President because he
> loves. I don't have that passion, I envy him. If you can give me a
> better reason why you voted for, I'm assuming Kerry, then feel free to
> enlighten me.

Bush appears to have voices in his head. 2 clips I have seen he's
been mid sentence, no-one else speaking, and he blurts out "don't
interrupt me".

That's a major worry, don't you think?

Old November 10th 04, 09:58 PM
Uwe Schürkamp

On 10 Nov 2004 06:17:23 -0800, Mark wrote:
> DGF gets this right, I think. "Hello folks, US here. For your own
> good here we come to bulldoze your town. You've been warned. Make
> way."

Maybe Douglas Adams just got the name of the race wrong when he
decided to call them "Vogons"? How good is American poetry, anyway? ;-)

I've said before I wouldn't comment on this issue anymore, but it's
just too tempting to end up the alt.humor.best-of-usenet hall of fame
some day. Maybe we should all just get back to racing?

Cheers,

uwe

--
mail replies to Uwe at schuerkamp dot de ( yahoo address is spambox)
Uwe Schuerkamp //////////////////////////// http://www.schuerkamp.de/
Old November 10th 04, 10:03 PM
Uwe Schürkamp

On 10 Nov 2004 05:43:41 -0800, Mark wrote:
> Dave Henrie > wrote in message .97.136>...
> Bush appears to have voices in his head. 2 clips I have seen he's
> been mid sentence, no-one else speaking, and he blurts out "don't
> interrupt me".
>
> That's a major worry, don't you think?

some rumor, soon to become an urban legend I guess, claims that he was
wired up during the 2nd "debate" in order to get hints and advice from
some rethorical expert / master debater via wireless communication or
something. I have no idea wether this is actually true (check
www.theregister.co.uk for the article), but I'd much
rather have him trying to cut out some invisible advisor, than, say,
Jesus or whoever it is that's supposed to guide him ;-)

Cheers,

uwe

Old November 10th 04, 10:58 PM
Mark Davison

"TW" > wrote in message
> On 10 Nov 2004 06:35:49 -0800, (Mark)
> wrote:
>
> >Beating the crap out of a country will surely win you a load of
> >friends in that area though. Let's say it *IS* all about 9/11 - They
> >hit you, you hit them back. You really think it'll stop there?

> And the alternative is....? Do nothing as they continue to kill
> thousands more of my countrymen?

Tell me who "they" is and how you know they're gonna be killing thousands of
your countrymen if you don't do this? Also tell me how this action will
stop thousands of your countrymen being killed. This course has sure cost
hundreds so far. The situation has gone too far and there's **** all ANYONE
can do about it now - I guess it'll just play out and we'll see who had the
closest guess at the fallout in about 20 or 30 years. Damned if you do,
damned if you don't. I have no answers, as I have stated.

> You know, I'm about through reading this thread, because it's quite
> clear that you (and many others on your side of the aisle) will never
> be able to see the forest for the trees.....IE, see the real situation
> without letting your political agenda cloud your vision. And the more
> the Dems spout the vile comments such as you have put forth, the more
> that will be driven to our side. Keep up the good work.

I have no political agenda. I don't even know what I would do with one.
Fact is, I just don't like people being killed. I was horrified by 9/11 and
I'm horrified by current events. Two wrongs don't make a right and all
that. Who cares what "side" people are on??? Fact is there's a load of
pain and suffering out there, regardless of the "side" we are on. If me
stating that I'm not happy about that makes more people start to feel more
cozy about it then I guess that could be considered a good thing in a
twisted kind of way.

From my simpleton viewpoint, I see what could be boiled down to "shoot
first, ask questions later"

And I see very little positive coming out the other side.

Like I already said, I *really* hope I'm wrong. I almost envy you, being so
comfortable with what's going on, feeling confident that the motivation was
true and just, that the outcome will surely be deemed worth the cost. I
just don't see it - sorry.

Old November 10th 04, 11:01 PM
Mark Davison

"Uwe Schürkamp" > wrote in message
> On 10 Nov 2004 06:17:23 -0800, Mark wrote:
> > DGF gets this right, I think. "Hello folks, US here. For your own
> > good here we come to bulldoze your town. You've been warned. Make
> > way."

> Maybe Douglas Adams just got the name of the race wrong when he
> decided to call them "Vogons"? How good is American poetry, anyway? ;-)

LOL!

You spotted the inspiration, then

Not too subtle, I guess!!

Old November 10th 04, 11:30 PM
Dave Henrie

(Mark) wrote in
om:

> That'll teach them to think un-American
> thoughts. They'll surely stand corrected and love you for it.

The point is...BEFORE George W Bush, Before President Clinton and
Before any thought of 9/11 crept into the minds of AQ, they already hated
us. You don't blow up ships, you don't pull down buildings, you don't
blow up children and you don't saw off heads unless you ALREADY have a
beef. I am stunned that you think they can feel WORSE ABOUT US NOW THAN
THEY ALREADY DO! If you **** off every Muslim in the freakin world, then
we are at no more risk than we are already.
They are coming. My grandkids, your children, your friends, your very
lives are all the provocation they need. By living and breathing we have
made ourselves a target. Which goverment, who was in power, what
multinational corporation is dealing behind your back makes no difference
now.
They are coming, whether we bow down and suck thier apendages, they are
coming. Whether we pray on eastern facing mats, they are coming. What
we do now to endear or enrage is not the issue. They have already begun.
Shaking hands and playing nice will not stop them. Fighting overseas
will not stop them...but it may delay them.
Having a Moron or Choirboy for President will not mollify them.
Sucking up to Euro leaders will not pacify them. Ignoring them will not
stop them.
Two books might clear things up...The Koran and The Shadow War. I have
read neither but I am told they both include numerous passages about
ending our lives.
Hell, I'm not even a Jew, or Christian, or a Muslim or Hindu. Yet I
offend them. There are something like 29 or 30 armed conflicts currently
smoldering around the world(excluding crime and drug interdictions) and
of those, something like 28 involve people of Muslim faith. So wring
your hands and WORRY about how they FEEL about us.

Say hello to Neville when you meet him.

dave henrie