'93 Grand Voyager crank, no start

Old November 26th 04, 02:08 AM
Bill Putney

Treeline wrote:

> ...I wonder if I should buy the shop manual on CD and then make a
> copy for myself and then sell the original? Maybe get back half
> of what I paid for it. Don't know. I like thumbing through the
> hard back but having a CD and then what? Carry around a bulky
> manual that will get dog-eared or CD's and then have to find
> computers and printers if I am on the road?
>
> So again, thanks for your input, Ted, you led me to many sources
> I had not considered.

There is one other option that I do not believe was mentioned: You can
get an on-line subscription at www.alldata.com for your specific
vehicle. It includes on-line, real-time access to information right out
of the FSM - schematics, procedures, and all. Plus it includes on-line
access to complete TSB's for your vehicle.

I can't say that the complete cover-to-cover FSM is accessible thru
alldata, but I can say that on the two vehicles that I have
subscriptions for (and one of which I also have the hard-copy DC FSM for
comparison), I have *never* found a section not there when I looked for
it (sometimes it has taken a few minutes to find the section I need -
it's not organized or categorized like the FSM is). I can say with
confidence that the schematics are all there - again, the ones right out
of the FSM - none of the "typical" (i.e., error-filled and useless) crap
that you find in aftermarket manuals.

This would have some of the downsides of the CD (as you mentioned,
there's something to be said for flipping thru a hard copy), but the
price is right, especially for a short- or intermediate-term need: $25
for first vehicle or first year. $15 for any additional vehicles or
annual renewals.

If interested, you would have to check if they go back to '94, but if
they do, this would be another option for you.

Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with alldata other than being a paying
customer. I have nothing to gain by recommending their products.

Bill Putney
adddress with the letter 'x')

Old November 28th 04, 10:55 PM
ncs

Was this problem ever resolved ? Not the one concerning the manuals, but
the 'crank, no start' problem ?

thanks,
Nick

Old November 28th 04, 10:55 PM
ncs

Old April 4th 05, 03:05 PM
Treeline

"Bill Putney" > wrote in message ...
> I can't say that the complete cover-to-cover FSM is accessible thru
> alldata, but I can say that on the two vehicles that I have
> subscriptions for (and one of which I also have the hard-copy DC FSM for
> comparison), I have *never* found a section not there when I looked for
> it (sometimes it has taken a few minutes to find the section I need -
> it's not organized or categorized like the FSM is). I can say with
> confidence that the schematics are all there - again, the ones right out
> of the FSM - none of the "typical" (i.e., error-filled and useless) crap
> that you find in aftermarket manuals.
>
> This would have some of the downsides of the CD (as you mentioned,
> there's something to be said for flipping thru a hard copy), but the
> price is right, especially for a short- or intermediate-term need: $25
> for first vehicle or first year. $15 for any additional vehicles or
> annual renewals.
>
> If interested, you would have to check if they go back to '94, but if
> they do, this would be another option for you.
> Bill Putney
> (To reply by e-mail, replace the last letter of the alphabet in my
> adddress with the letter 'x')

Thanks, good points. Missed this post back then.
Old April 7th 05, 06:48 AM
Treeline

"Ted Mittelstaedt" > wrote in message

> > I've been scanning Ebay. $20 just buys the owner's manual most
> > times. I have yet to see a FSM.

> I gave you a URL of one on Ebay a week ago. Nobody bought it so
> the seller relisted it. Here it is again:
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=7937042402
>
> Keep in mind that we are so close to Christmas that sales of most
> stuff like this on Ebay are dropping off. Most experienced Ebay
> sellers know this and have stopped listing. Listing will pick up again
> the first few weeks of January.

Not yet. Well there was one but I missed it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WD1V

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tego ry=34218