Can anyone identify this car???

Old December 8th 12, 11:08 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.misc
Ashton Crusher[_2_]

Default Can anyone identify this car???

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...knowncarp.jpg/
Old December 8th 12, 11:39 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.misc
Tegger[_3_]

Ashton Crusher > wrote in
:

> http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...knowncarp.jpg/

If anybody can identify this car from that photo, he's an absolute expert,
or has personal experience with that model. Any context that you can
supply?

Warning: Clicking on any of the other images on that page may or may not
make an ad pop up on your screen. I clicked on the image of what appeared
to be an intriguingly-modified Corvair, and got a popup ad for online
poker. I cannot remember the last time a popup ad made it past my popup
blocker.

--
Tegger
Old December 9th 12, 01:28 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.misc
Ashton Crusher[_2_]

:

>> http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...knowncarp.jpg/

>If anybody can identify this car from that photo, he's an absolute expert,
>or has personal experience with that model. Any context that you can
>supply?
>
>Warning: Clicking on any of the other images on that page may or may not
>make an ad pop up on your screen. I clicked on the image of what appeared
>to be an intriguingly-modified Corvair, and got a popup ad for online
>poker. I cannot remember the last time a popup ad made it past my popup
>blocker.

Yeah, I tried it and got a pop up too. Must be something image shack
is doing to generate ad revenue.
Old December 9th 12, 02:13 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.misc
richard

On Sat, 08 Dec 2012 16:14:57 -0800, Evan Platt wrote:

> On Sat, 08 Dec 2012 16:08:50 -0700, Ashton Crusher >
> wrote:
>
>>http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...knowncarp.jpg/

> The shot is from a Twilight Zone episode Ring-a-Ding Girl, if that
> helps.

The absolute amazing expert know it all strikes again!
Like that photo could have been done anywhere asswipe.
Do you know how many cars were made with THAT body style?
Old December 9th 12, 02:18 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.misc
richard

On Sat, 08 Dec 2012 16:08:50 -0700, Ashton Crusher wrote:

> http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...knowncarp.jpg/

http://img369.imageshack.us/img369/9...inggirl4tv.png

This shot shows a full side view of the car.
Info says it is an american austin.
Old December 9th 12, 02:31 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.misc
richard

On Sat, 08 Dec 2012 18:21:10 -0800, Evan Platt wrote:

> On Sat, 8 Dec 2012 21:13:44 -0500, richard >
> wrote:
>
>>The absolute amazing expert know it all strikes again!

> Really? So you going to admit when you're wrong, which will occur in
> 3...2...
>
>>Like that photo could have been done anywhere asswipe.

> http://www.twilightzonemuseum.com/au...tomacklin2.php
>
> Same photo, uncropped.
>
> "Publicity photo from “Ring-A-Ding Girl,” which aired 12/27/1963."
>
>>Do you know how many cars were made with THAT body style?

> No I don't.
>
> Are you going to admit you were wrong?
>
> Didn't think so bullis.

In my previous post to you, I did not identify the car so I am not wrong.
Your photo is nothing more than a duplicate and says nothing about what
make car it is.
See my other post in which I found another photo that shows a full side
view.
Old December 9th 12, 04:08 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.misc
Retired

On 12/8/12 9:18 PM, richard wrote:
> On Sat, 08 Dec 2012 16:08:50 -0700, Ashton Crusher wrote:
>
>> http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...knowncarp.jpg/

> http://img369.imageshack.us/img369/9...inggirl4tv.png
>
> This shot shows a full side view of the car.
> Info says it is an american austin.

http://carnut.com/cgi-bin/image.pl?/...l98/all031.jpg

is listed as a 1931 Austin Bantam Roadster

Probably what the "American" was based on

Old December 9th 12, 04:15 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.misc
richard

On Sat, 08 Dec 2012 23:08:37 -0500, Retired wrote:

> On 12/8/12 9:18 PM, richard wrote:
>> On Sat, 08 Dec 2012 16:08:50 -0700, Ashton Crusher wrote:
>>
>>> http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...knowncarp.jpg/

>> http://img369.imageshack.us/img369/9...inggirl4tv.png
>>
>> This shot shows a full side view of the car.
>> Info says it is an american austin.
>>

> http://carnut.com/cgi-bin/image.pl?/...l98/all031.jpg
>
> is listed as a 1931 Austin Bantam Roadster
>
> Probably what the "American" was based on

American Austin went bankrupt after only four years, then was reborn as the
bantam.
Bantam is credited for having created the original military jeep.