Stereo unlock code for Concert in 99 Audi A4

Old August 25th 06, 06:07 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
[email protected]

Default Stereo unlock code for Concert in 99 Audi A4

I need the stereo code to unlock my stereo in my 99 A4. I bought my car
without the manual, so I don't have the code to unlock it (unplugged
the battery now the stereo is on safe mode). I know the procedure to
unlock it, I just need the code. The stereo is the Concert radio/tape
deck. The car is a Canadian 99 Audi A4 2.8L.

Any help would be great!

Thanks

Old August 25th 06, 06:45 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
Lez Pawl

> wrote in message
oups.com...

> I need the stereo code to unlock my stereo in my 99 A4. I bought my car
> without the manual, so I don't have the code to unlock it (unplugged
> the battery now the stereo is on safe mode). I know the procedure to
> unlock it, I just need the code. The stereo is the Concert radio/tape
> deck. The car is a Canadian 99 Audi A4 2.8L.
>
> Any help would be great!
>

> Thanks

I believe you will have to contact an Audi dealership and provide vehicle
details first.

Old August 25th 06, 12:27 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Mire

> wrote in message
oups.com...

> I need the stereo code to unlock my stereo in my 99 A4. I bought my car
> without the manual, so I don't have the code to unlock it (unplugged
> the battery now the stereo is on safe mode). I know the procedure to
> unlock it, I just need the code. The stereo is the Concert radio/tape
> deck. The car is a Canadian 99 Audi A4 2.8L.
>
> Any help would be great!
>

> Thanks

I think you will find that the vehicle radio code is unique to your vehicle
(it's not much of an anti-theft feature otherwise). Dealer enquiry, as
already stated.

Old August 25th 06, 04:56 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
[email protected]

Ok well that's not too good for me because I don't have an Audi
dealership in my city. Thanks anyways

Old August 25th 06, 05:09 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Dano58

wrote:
> Ok well that's not too good for me because I don't have an Audi
> dealership in my city. Thanks anyways

Maybe if you contact Audi of Canada and ask what sort of documentation
they would need to provide that info to you...?

Dan D
'04 A4 1.8Tq MT-6
Central NJ USA

Old August 25th 06, 05:26 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
[email protected]

good idea I'll check that out
thanks

Old August 25th 06, 10:41 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Jens[_1_]

"Dano58" > skrev i en meddelelse
ups.com...
> wrote:
>> Ok well that's not too good for me because I don't have an Audi
>> dealership in my city. Thanks anyways

> Maybe if you contact Audi of Canada and ask what sort of documentation
> they would need to provide that info to you...?
>
> Dan D
> '04 A4 1.8Tq MT-6
> Central NJ USA

I dont know who it works in US/Canada, but here in Europe the car need to be
physical connected up to the Dealers computer which then in turn is hooked
to the Audi-computer-network in order to get the code. In addition you must
provide personal identification (drivers license etc)

At least mine A6 1996 needed this procedure.

/jens

Old August 25th 06, 11:14 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Alec

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> Ok well that's not too good for me because I don't have an Audi
> dealership in my city. Thanks anyways
> Mire wrote:
>> > wrote in message
>> oups.com...
>> >

>> > I need the stereo code to unlock my stereo in my 99 A4. I bought my car
>> > without the manual, so I don't have the code to unlock it (unplugged
>> > the battery now the stereo is on safe mode). I know the procedure to
>> > unlock it, I just need the code. The stereo is the Concert radio/tape
>> > deck. The car is a Canadian 99 Audi A4 2.8L.
>> >
>> > Any help would be great!
>> >

>> > Thanks
>> >

>> I think you will find that the vehicle radio code is unique to your
>> vehicle
>> (it's not much of an anti-theft feature otherwise). Dealer enquiry, as
>> already stated.

The Radio PIN codes can be computed :

http://www.radio-code.co.uk/

You may have someone doing this on your side of the pond

Old August 26th 06, 12:20 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
[email protected]

Thanks everyone, I called the Audi dealer, in the city where the car
came from. The guy in the parts deparment gave me the code after I gave
him the last 8 digits of the VIN number. So my stereo is unlocked.
Thanks

Old August 26th 06, 09:29 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
TonyKiz

The radio code is displayed in VAG-COM software (at least for 2001 and 2004,
since that's what I've tried it on). Try to find someone who has a VAG-COM
unit to borrow.

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> Ok well that's not too good for me because I don't have an Audi
> dealership in my city. Thanks anyways
> Mire wrote:
> > > wrote in message
> > oups.com...
> > >

> > > I need the stereo code to unlock my stereo in my 99 A4. I bought my

car
> > > without the manual, so I don't have the code to unlock it (unplugged
> > > the battery now the stereo is on safe mode). I know the procedure to
> > > unlock it, I just need the code. The stereo is the Concert radio/tape
> > > deck. The car is a Canadian 99 Audi A4 2.8L.
> > >
> > > Any help would be great!
> > >

> > > Thanks
> > >

> > I think you will find that the vehicle radio code is unique to your

vehicle
> > (it's not much of an anti-theft feature otherwise). Dealer enquiry, as
> > already stated.

Radio Code entered but stereo won't play criii BMW 5 February 21st 06 10:44 PM
Audi Picture R. de Jong Audi 0 December 18th 04 08:28 AM
audi facts may be of interest news.blueyonder.co.uk Audi 0 October 28th 04 01:35 PM
Engine code on audi 80 audi80s Audi 1 September 27th 04 09:36 PM
Audi Picture R. de Jong Audi 0 July 27th 04 04:08 PM