Selling CRX

Old July 15th 05, 06:03 PM
birdman

Default Selling CRX

Hey im thinking of getting rid of my 1987 CRX that was given to me as a
birthday present to use the money to get a newer car. I have no idea
what the cars are worth, and was hopeing i could get some suggestions
on what to ask for it if i sell it as is. (im 16 and have no experiance
selling cars) The car starts and runs very well, and it is in pretty
good shape for a 17 year old car. The body is not in perfect shape, but
i plan on patching it up before i sell it. Other than that everything
is in working condition, and it did pass its last E-Test. If anyone
would be willing to throw up some ball park numbers, i would appreciate
it as a starting point for me to work from. Any other information or
opinions are welcome.

Brad

Old July 15th 05, 07:21 PM
Elle

Brad, www.edmunds.com will give a retail, private owner, etc. estimate of
the worth of most cars, based on make, model, year, accessories, condition,
location, etc. Look under the "used car" links.

"birdman" > wrote

Old July 15th 05, 08:53 PM
Kent Finnell

"birdman" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Hey im thinking of getting rid of my 1987 CRX that was given to me as a
> birthday present to use the money to get a newer car. I have no idea
> what the cars are worth, and was hopeing i could get some suggestions
> on what to ask for it if i sell it as is. (im 16 and have no experiance
> selling cars) The car starts and runs very well, and it is in pretty
> good shape for a 17 year old car. The body is not in perfect shape, but
> i plan on patching it up before i sell it. Other than that everything
> is in working condition, and it did pass its last E-Test. If anyone
> would be willing to throw up some ball park numbers, i would appreciate
> it as a starting point for me to work from. Any other information or
> opinions are welcome.
>

> Brad

Depending on your location, its real body condition and whether or not it
has air conditioning, it would be worth about $700 trade in, would sell to a
private buyer for about $1,000, but a dealer would want about $1,700.

If the body work and mechanical preventive maintenance aren't beyond your
(or parents') pocket book, keep it. It's a minor classic waiting to happen.

--
Kent Finnell
From the Music City USA

Selling Price Glenn VW water cooled 5 May 29th 05 05:21 PM
Selling MK3 Navigation and a CPT7000 phone dweezil BMW 0 December 27th 04 03:11 PM
Advice on selling price 156 Mitch Alfa Romeo 0 September 20th 04 11:37 PM