Didn't see it panning out THIS way - Jr leaves DEI for Jr. Motorsports...

Old May 10th 07, 02:28 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Larry \(The Other Larry\)

Default Didn't see it panning out THIS way - Jr leaves DEI for Jr. Motorsports...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news?...yhoo&type=lgns

It was on the list, but never thought it would go this way...

-Larry

Old May 10th 07, 04:00 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Bob V

"Larry (The Other Larry)" > wrote in message
news :
http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news?...yhoo&type=lgns
:
: It was on the list, but never thought it would go this way...

This doesn't surprise me for a few reasons. Jr has not been happy with
DEI's development program, and has wanted controlling interest (51% or
better). DEI has been talking to Robert Yates about a possible merger, and
switching to Fords. Jr is a die-hard Chevy man, and wants Hendrick's
motors. Budweiser will follow Jr where ever he goes, and between them and
Chevrolet, he'll have all the financial backing he'll need. What does
surprise me is that Truex may go with him. If this all happens, DEI is in
deep trouble.

Old May 10th 07, 05:47 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Plowboy

what's trouble? I mean for DEI? Hell, they could have M_Waltrip, heheheh.
Nah, I see her selling off DEI and moving in with Paris Hilton... I mean
there are enough millions there to live comfortably for a long long long
time. I just dont get why she didn't give up some, to keep a big good
bunch. Must be that she wants to sell it totaly off anyhow, this way she
can nto be accused to selling and dumping the step son.
Bob V enlightened us with:

Old May 11th 07, 02:01 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
GMpartsguy

"Larry (The Other Larry)" > wrote in message
news
> http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news?...yhoo&type=lgns
>
> It was on the list, but never thought it would go this way...
>
> -Larry

I guess if you wish for something long enough, it will happen.

Ever since DEI did the team switch with Waltrip (which was a disaster) for a
season, i've been hoping Dale would take Budweiser and go drive for better
outfit. DEI is a good house, just not a great one. At the end of the season,
the contract ends and Jr is a free agent. Wooo !

I'd like to see him drive for Hendrick a couple years while JR Motorsports
grows into a garage on a Cup level.
Of course, i wouldn't be surprised to see him in a Childress car either.

As far as DEI goes, i have a feeling they're porked now. Not much thunder
behind a lost legend, and the step-mom. I wonder if they're doomed to
struggle and fade out slowly like the Petty's.

Man, this is better than Christmas !

Old May 14th 07, 07:47 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Larry \(The Other Larry\)

Here's a thought...

After DEI tanks, Jr. can buy it for .10 on the dollar

-Larry

. ..