Here's a weird one - can you guess what it was?

Old March 26th 07, 03:56 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Jon[_4_]

Default Here's a weird one - can you guess what it was?

Would have bet on a broken engine mount, but seeing where this is
headed, I'll put my money on a loose throttle cable connection on the
engine side.

Jon

Old March 26th 07, 06:38 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
nrs

On Mar 25, 7:48 pm, Jeff DeWitt > wrote:
> Nope, that was my first thought but not the problem. (And if I started
> this thread with something like that you guys would be ****ed!)
>
> Jeff DeWitt
>

> Snow wrote:
> > Your drivers side floor mat and or carpeting was caught up under the
> > gas pedal.

> > Snow...- Hide quoted text -

Some bent lever on the throttle body.

Old March 27th 07, 02:21 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Jeffrey DeWitt

OK everyone, there were a lot of really good guesses (and most of them
have happened to me at one time or another!)but here is what happened
this time.

I took the big air intake hose off the top of the throttle body to spray
some cleaner on it and found a big, square chunk of foam on top of the
throttle plates. It turned out to be the filter from the inside of the
air box that filters air coming back from the valve cover.

Obviously it was interfering with the movement of the throttle plate.

A bit of cleaning and some glue and everything was OK again.

Thanks for all the great suggestions though!

Jeff DeWitt

Old March 27th 07, 03:51 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
XS11E[_2_]

Jeffrey DeWitt > wrote:

> OK everyone, there were a lot of really good guesses (and most of
> them have happened to me at one time or another!)but here is what
> happened this time.
>
> I took the big air intake hose off the top of the throttle body to
> spray some cleaner on it and found a big, square chunk of foam on
> top of the throttle plates. It turned out to be the filter from
> the inside of the air box that filters air coming back from the
> valve cover.
>
> Obviously it was interfering with the movement of the throttle
> plate.

Well, of course I knew that*, I was waiting for you to tell us you were
giving a new Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4 V8 to the first correct guess.
You might as well go ahead and send me the GC anyway.....

*If you believe that, I also have access to several million US dollars
stashed in a Nigerian bank and you can help me bring the money to this
country for a 15% cut! <GD&R>

Old March 27th 07, 04:25 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Jeffrey DeWitt

I'll have the Grand Cherokee delivered as soon as the money from Nigeria
arrives <G>

Jeff DeWitt

Old March 27th 07, 05:33 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Richard J Kinch

Jeffrey DeWitt writes:

> I took the big air intake hose off the top of the throttle body to spray
> some cleaner on it and found a big, square chunk of foam on top of the
> throttle plates.

No doubt put there by rodents.

I want part credit!
Old March 27th 07, 03:11 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Mike Romain

Just FYI, but that air filter is to filter air going 'into' the valve
cover....

I would be checking out the CCV system expecting to find a blocked tube
from the rear of the valve cover to the intake. This is the other half
of the circuit that is supposed to provide the suction for this.

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

Guess Who ? Coasty[_1_] Jeep 3 December 30th 06 12:29 PM
Guess what? [email protected] Ford Mustang 10 January 1st 06 01:24 PM
Guess the Driver's Age James C. Reeves Driving 5 May 25th 05 08:13 AM
GUESS WHAT? JP Roberts Audi 46 April 12th 05 11:14 AM
I guess I'm an ass man ... dwight Ford Mustang 29 March 25th 05 11:45 PM