Honda Mini-van

Old September 28th 06, 11:14 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Ford Driver

Default Honda Mini-van

I drive a 99 Ford Windstar mini-van and am looking to purchase a new or up
to 2 years old mini-van. I get 17 mpg in town and 25 on the road in my
Windstar. I would like to hear from Honda mini-van owners their likes, or
dislikes, about Honda mini-vans. Any particular problem
areas, such as the Windstar manifold problem (OBD-II P0171 and P0174 codes)
and intermittent ABS light, with Honda mini-vans?

Thanks for your time and information.

Old September 29th 06, 05:25 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
'Curly Q. Links'

Ford Driver wrote:

> I drive a 99 Ford Windstar mini-van and am looking to purchase a new or up
> to 2 years old mini-van. I get 17 mpg in town and 25 on the road in my
> Windstar. I would like to hear from Honda mini-van owners their likes, or
> dislikes, about Honda mini-vans. Any particular problem
> areas, such as the Windstar manifold problem (OBD-II P0171 and P0174 codes)
> and intermittent ABS light, with Honda mini-vans?
>
> Thanks for your time and information.

------------------------------------

www.odyclub.com

SEARCH first, ask later.
Old September 29th 06, 10:17 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Newby

"'Curly Q. Links'" > wrote in message
> Ford Driver wrote:
> >
> > I drive a 99 Ford Windstar mini-van and am looking to purchase a new or

up
> > to 2 years old mini-van. I get 17 mpg in town and 25 on the road in my
> > Windstar. I would like to hear from Honda mini-van owners their likes,

or
> > dislikes, about Honda mini-vans. Any particular problem
> > areas, such as the Windstar manifold problem (OBD-II P0171 and P0174

codes)
> > and intermittent ABS light, with Honda mini-vans?
> >
> > Thanks for your time and information.

> ------------------------------------
>
> www.odyclub.com
>
> SEARCH first, ask later.

I did...and now I'm asking.

Thank you for your time.

Old September 29th 06, 04:59 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
'Curly Q. Links'

Newby wrote:

> "'Curly Q. Links'" > wrote in message
> > Ford Driver wrote:
> > >
> > > I drive a 99 Ford Windstar mini-van and am looking to purchase a new or

> up
> > > to 2 years old mini-van. I get 17 mpg in town and 25 on the road in my
> > > Windstar. I would like to hear from Honda mini-van owners their likes,

> or
> > > dislikes, about Honda mini-vans. Any particular problem
> > > areas, such as the Windstar manifold problem (OBD-II P0171 and P0174

> codes)
> > > and intermittent ABS light, with Honda mini-vans?
> > >
> > > Thanks for your time and information.

> > ------------------------------------
> >
> > www.odyclub.com
> >
> > SEARCH first, ask later.

> I did...and now I'm asking.
>
> Thank you for your time.

-------------------------------------

Sorry, was trying to say:
Sign in at www.odyclub.com, then search THERE for all the questions you
seek answers to. The Odyclub has been around a good while and your
questions have been discussed over and over. Hint: The Gen 1 (up to '98)
had LOTS of ABS troubles. The newer ones don't.

'Curly'
Old September 30th 06, 03:43 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Art[_1_]

I have a 2006 with 6000 miles on it. Great car. Only negative is radio is
typical honda quality. Would buy it again in a minute. Consider Toyota,
Chrysler, Mazda, Ford and maybe one or 2 others. The only reason to buy
Chrysler would be for fold down second row seats. If you had an outstanding
Toyota dealership nearby then you might want to buy Toyota but Sienna costs
more.

Old September 30th 06, 03:44 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Art[_1_]

by the way my Honda had zero defects so far

Old September 30th 06, 02:33 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Roy Starrin

On Thu, 28 Sep 2006 18:14:30 -0400, "Ford Driver"
> wrote:

>I drive a 99 Ford Windstar mini-van and am looking to purchase a new or up
>to 2 years old mini-van.

Here's a minivan story which broke this week, i.e.
Minivan sales are down, with the exception of Honda.

Gen Y Is Minivan's Hope for the Future
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/fn/4221640.html

Old October 1st 06, 09:53 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Paul G

Ford Driver wrote:
> I drive a 99 Ford Windstar mini-van and am looking to purchase a new or up
> to 2 years old mini-van. I get 17 mpg in town and 25 on the road in my
> Windstar. I would like to hear from Honda mini-van owners their likes, or
> dislikes, about Honda mini-vans. Any particular problem
> areas, such as the Windstar manifold problem (OBD-II P0171 and P0174 codes)
> and intermittent ABS light, with Honda mini-vans?
>
> Thanks for your time and information.

Hi There,

I have a 2006 EX-L (no navi or DVD) with 11.5k miles. Love it; roomy,
reasonably priced if you shop around, drives well, parks easily, good
power (esp at freeway speeds), regular gas only, great dual a/c (here
in SoCal is was 116 degrees in July and we were still comfortable).
Quibbles: mileage is not great, about 17-18 mpg mixed driving, dealer
service is expensive (about $120 for minor service), some road noise
(no worse than other Hondas; I have three right now).

Old October 6th 06, 03:53 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
idconcealed

We have a 2004 Ody with 24K miles. Here's what I think so far:

1 - Ride is pretty smooth, steering is a little on the heavy side, no
rattles.
2 - More road noise than the 1999 Grand Caravan that was replaced by the Ody
3 - Gas mileage not as good as the 3.8L Caravan that it replaced. Only
about 17 around town, 26 on the highway. But it's consistent with the
window sticker. Newer ones are supposed to be better on gas.
4 - The view out the back is not all that great. It's worth springing for
collision sensors in the bumper cover or an aftermarket rear camera kit.
5 - The fold-down third row seat takes a little muscle to move. Not for
your petite housewife.
6 - Location of rear power outlet could be better. Only useful to 3rd row
passengers or devices with long power cords. Needs outlets for 2nd row
passengers.
7 - I haven't had the notorious transmission problems (just Google Honda
transmission problems and read all of the rants), but it only has 24K onit.
I have a 2002 Acura TL, and the transmission was replaced and the warranty
extended to 7 years by Honda.
8 - Alarms for sliding doors are a bit of a nuisance if someone tries to
open a door with the tranny in any position other than Park
9 - The location of the spare tire (under the carpet between the first and
second row seats) won't make you happy if you're traveling with a loaded
van, but then again, one tucked under the back won't make you happy if you
have to change it in bad weather either...