Not even pretending any more...

Old January 7th 05, 07:47 PM
Brent P

Default Not even pretending any more...

This article is typical of recent articles I have seen on traffic
'enforcement'. The pretext of 'safety' is not even mentioned any more.
Simply how much revenue is generated.

Speeder-Catching Cams To Really Pay Off

http://www.wcpo.com/news/2005/local/...eedercams.html
Reported by: 9News
Web produced by: Mark Sickmiller
Photographed by: 9News
1/6/2005 4:34:42 PM

Automated cameras designed to catch speeders are expected to pay off a
lot more than first expected for the city of Cincinnati.

Leaders expected the cameras to bring in two million dollars of revenue
this year, but it looks like they will be much more profitable.

A study by Cincinnati police tested them at nine locations, targeting
drivers going ten miles an hour over the speed limit.

Now, estimates show the cameras will catch about 10,000 speeders each
month, totalling about $12 million in fines every year.

Old January 7th 05, 08:21 PM
Laura Bush murdered her boy friend

So let's stop fining speeders and give them prison time and DL
suspension like we should have been doing all along. Speeders are
killers and maimers and i'm tired of seeing them coddled with $75 fines.

Old January 7th 05, 09:24 PM
Alan Baker

In article . com>,
"Laura Bush murdered her boy friend" > wrote:

> So let's stop fining speeders and give them prison time and DL
> suspension like we should have been doing all along. Speeders are
> killers and maimers and i'm tired of seeing them coddled with $75 fines.

Of course, none of that is actually true.

The vast majority of accidents have something other than speeding as
their cause.

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia
Old January 7th 05, 09:24 PM
Alan Baker

Old January 7th 05, 09:56 PM
Furious George

Alan Baker wrote:
> In article . com>,
> "Laura Bush murdered her boy friend" > wrote:
>
> > So let's stop fining speeders and give them prison time and DL
> > suspension like we should have been doing all along. Speeders are
> > killers and maimers and i'm tired of seeing them coddled with $75

fines.

> Of course, none of that is actually true.
>
> The vast majority of accidents have something other than speeding as
> their cause.

Correct. We should have rounded up the darkies a long time ago and we
would have never had these problems.

Old January 7th 05, 09:56 PM
Furious George

Old January 7th 05, 10:16 PM
Garth Almgren

On 1/7/2005 12:21 PM, Aunt Judy (Pride of Diarrhea)
<http://tinyurl.com/2s2nz> wrote:

> So let's stop fining speeders and give them prison time and DL
> suspension like we should have been doing all along.

Why? Would you have appreciated losing your license and being thrown in
prison for doing 41 in a 25?

> Speeders are
> killers and maimers and i'm tired of seeing them coddled with $75 fines.

Did you feel coddled when you got your ticket for 16 over? If so, why on
earth did you want to kick the cop's teeth in?

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...40009050c624a9

--
~/Garth
"I am patient with stupidity
Old January 7th 05, 10:16 PM
Garth Almgren

Old January 8th 05, 01:24 AM

While we're at it, we should execute the mentally challenged to keep
them from being a drain on the welfare system. That would shut you up
permanently.