Step through For real? (Bus)

Old November 29th 04, 04:12 PM
moi

Default Step through For real? (Bus)

I have seen one of these as a late-model custom-made, but can it be there
was a factory version?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=4508224978

I'm talking about the doors on the driver's side.

Old November 29th 04, 05:11 PM
Ed B

The short answer is yes, it was a factory option. For more information check
the VW bus FAQ at http://www.vintagebus.com/busfaq.html

Old November 30th 04, 02:42 AM
Kafertoys

>I have seen one of these as a late-model custom-made, but can it be there
>was a factory version?

Yes there called double doors and there is one in my area like that.

Mario
Vintage Werks restorations
Old November 30th 04, 03:04 AM
VdubBeetle1972

Yah they did make them, their are few of them.. I know someone that has a early
model bay window bus panel with dual sliders..

Jeremie
1972 SB
http://members.aol.com/vdubbeetle1972/main.html
Old November 30th 04, 03:06 AM
Braukuche

>I have seen one of these as a late-model custom-made, but can it be there
>was a factory version?<

Yep. There was a guy on the Samba a while back selling a middle bench seat for
one of those. Both the seat backs on both sides folded fowrard to allow
passengers to reach the rear bench. Way cool and way expensive.I think he was
asking like $1000 for that seat.
--Dan E
Old November 30th 04, 04:42 AM
MUADIB®

>http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=4508224978

See?..............Chrysler only thought they were first.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

http://www.angelfire.com/retro/sster...IN%20PAGE.html

one small step for man,.....
One giant leap for attorneys.
Old November 30th 04, 01:58 PM
Chuck Townsley

"moi" > wrote in message >...
> I have seen one of these as a late-model custom-made, but can it be there
> was a factory version?
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=4508224978
>
> I'm talking about the doors on the driver's side.

They seem to come in two flavors as mentioned previously. With the
version in your picture and with slider doors on each side.

My 1977 has two sliding doors. Although as part of my restoration, I
have to get the second door to open. That has not hit the list yet.

I can post a link to a picture of it if you are interested.

Chuck