Chrysler Voyager 2000 2.5TD Cuts Out

Old September 1st 06, 10:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Englishguy

Default Chrysler Voyager 2000 2.5TD Cuts Out

Hi everyone, just found your site whilst hunting for clues.
Coming back from Spain the Voyager just kept losing the throttle. First time
It did it I thought it had broken a cable, till I found it was electronic.
The engine keeps running on tick over but the throttle will not respond.
Switch the engine off, back on, let the lights go out, start it up and the
throttle works again. REALLY SCAREY> It happens at any speed and at irregular
intervals - it will travel 80km or so without a fault, sometimes less than
10km, and could pack up three times with rapid succession or a long distance
between losing the throttle, no consistency. Tried running it at various
speeds as well. First started when outside temperature was around 28 C, but
still did it after an hours break at 15 C. The only thing we did notice
before it went wrong was the temperature guage went up to about half way
between normal and hot with the air con on but went back to normal if we
switched the air con off. HELP! ! ! !

Old September 2nd 06, 12:52 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Ralf Ballis

Englishguy wrote:

> Hi everyone, just found your site whilst hunting for clues.
> Coming back from Spain the Voyager just kept losing the throttle. First
> time It did it I thought it had broken a cable, till I found it was
> electronic. The engine keeps running on tick over but the throttle will
> not respond. Switch the engine off, back on, let the lights go out, start
> it up and the throttle works again. REALLY SCAREY> It happens at any speed
> and at irregular intervals - it will travel 80km or so without a fault,
> sometimes less than
> 10km, and could pack up three times with rapid succession or a long
> distance between losing the throttle, no consistency. Tried running it at
> various speeds as well. First started when outside temperature was around
> 28 C, but still did it after an hours break at 15 C.

Have you checked fuel filter, exact water in filter?

> The only thing we did
> notice before it went wrong was the temperature guage went up to about
> half way between normal and hot with the air con on but went back to
> normal if we switched the air con off. HELP! ! ! !

I think it doesn't related to you problem.

Regards,

Ralf
--
www.omnibusclub.de
Erfinder des Abgasturboladers Dr. Alfred J. Büchi: "Die Abgase,
Old September 2nd 06, 09:30 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Englishguy via CarKB.com

Thanks for the reply, Ralf.
Can follow your logic, did wonder myself.
It was thr throttle pedal stopping working that made me think it was
electrical!
I'll get the filter checked
Thanks
Barry

Old September 3rd 06, 09:47 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Englishguy via CarKB.com

Ralf, OR ANYONE ELSE -
Filter was clean. And we purged to engine.
Any other ideas?
Barry

Old September 3rd 06, 12:07 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Ralf Ballis

Englishguy via CarKB.com wrote:

> Filter was clean. And we purged to engine.
> Any other ideas?

Besides a faulty in electronic or an actuator or sensor it could be a fuel
supply problem, water in filter ? you checked, air in fuel line, etc.
When this occurs died the engine one times?

Regards,

Ralf
Old September 3rd 06, 12:43 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Englishguy via CarKB.com

Ralf Ballis wrote:
>Besides a faulty in electronic or an actuator or sensor it could be a fuel
>supply problem, water in filter ? you checked, air in fuel line, etc.
>When this occurs died the engine one times?

Hi Ralf.
No, thats the problem, engine NEVER died, just lost throttle control, went to
tick over. The only way to get the throttle back was to switch off and on
again. Sometimes you could do this while you were still rolling.
Barry