UK A4 1.8T Avant SE specifications

Old August 11th 05, 08:29 PM
Mark Robbins

Default UK A4 1.8T Avant SE specifications

Hi, at the weekend I ordered a new A4 1.8T Avant in SE trim. The car was
in stock and I will pick it up at the beginning of September. I understand
that '06 models have the Lifestyle pack as a "free" option. The car I
ordered does have rear parking sensors but not the other Lifestyle goodies.
Thats fine as I negotated a price I was happy with. However, it has dawned
on me that there may be other specification changes between the '05 model
and the '06. If that is the case I will be dissapointed and will need to
have a "word" with the dealer. Can anyone tell me if there has been any
changes between the UK '05 and '06 models in SE trim?

Thanks for your help

Mark

Old August 11th 05, 09:04 PM
Ronny

"Mark Robbins" > wrote in message
> Hi, at the weekend I ordered a new A4 1.8T Avant in SE trim. The car was
> in stock and I will pick it up at the beginning of September. I
> understand that '06 models have the Lifestyle pack as a "free" option.
> The car I ordered does have rear parking sensors but not the other
> Lifestyle goodies. Thats fine as I negotated a price I was happy with.
> However, it has dawned on me that there may be other specification
> changes between the '05 model and the '06. If that is the case I will be
> dissapointed and will need to have a "word" with the dealer. Can anyone
> tell me if there has been any changes between the UK '05 and '06 models in
> SE trim?
>
> Thanks for your help
>
> Mark

No such thing as 06 models over here, it's an American thing to sell more
cars

Our cars are 05 untill 12:01am 1/1/2006

Old August 11th 05, 09:16 PM
Peter Bell

In message >
"Ronny" > wrote:

> No such thing as 06 models over here,

Over where?

> it's an American thing to sell more cars
>
> Our cars are 05 untill 12:01am 1/1/2006

I wouldn't be so sure! Audi determine what model year a particular car
is, and it is part of the VIN. My wife took delivery of her A2 in July
2002 and it has a UK 02 registration plate. However, the car is
definitely a 2003 model, according to the VIN.

I took delivery of my RS6 in May 2003, and that is still a 2003 model.

Old August 11th 05, 09:26 PM
Guy King

The message >
from Peter Bell > contains these words:

> I wouldn't be so sure! Audi determine what model year a particular car
> is, and it is part of the VIN. My wife took delivery of her A2 in July
> 2002 and it has a UK 02 registration plate. However, the car is
> definitely a 2003 model, according to the VIN.

Unlike some cars which can sit in a soggy field for a couple of years
before being sold. Fiat did a lot of that a few years ago.

--
Skipweasel.
Ivor Cutler - "Never knowingly understood."

Old August 11th 05, 09:31 PM
Peter Bell

In message >
Guy King > wrote:

> The message >
> from Peter Bell > contains these words:
>
> > I wouldn't be so sure! Audi determine what model year a particular car
> > is, and it is part of the VIN. My wife took delivery of her A2 in July
> > 2002 and it has a UK 02 registration plate. However, the car is
> > definitely a 2003 model, according to the VIN.

> Unlike some cars which can sit in a soggy field for a couple of years
> before being sold. Fiat did a lot of that a few years ago.

Never buy a car which is 'in stock'! Always come up with a
specification which means that the car has to be built to order.

Old August 11th 05, 09:55 PM
Ronny

"Peter Bell" > wrote in message
> In message >
> "Ronny" > wrote:
>
>> No such thing as 06 models over here,

> Over where?
>
>> it's an American thing to sell more cars
>>
>> Our cars are 05 untill 12:01am 1/1/2006

> I wouldn't be so sure! Audi determine what model year a particular car
> is, and it is part of the VIN. My wife took delivery of her A2 in July
> 2002 and it has a UK 02 registration plate. However, the car is
> definitely a 2003 model, according to the VIN.
>
> I took delivery of my RS6 in May 2003, and that is still a 2003 model.
>
> --
> Peter Bell (Note Spamtrap - To reply, replace 'invalid' with
> 'bellfamily')

It still was sold as a 2002 model, hence why I said it does not happen over
here <UK>

Dealers are not allowed to "market" a 2002 car as a 2003 model like they do
in the states.

They may say its a revised model or "new shape" but thats about it.

My 2001 A4 1.8T according to America does not even exist, the B6 over there
is sold as a 2002.

Old August 11th 05, 10:59 PM
Peter Bell

In message >
"Ronny" > wrote:

> "Peter Bell" > wrote in message
> > In message >
> > "Ronny" > wrote:
> >
> >> No such thing as 06 models over here,

> > Over where?
> >
> >> it's an American thing to sell more cars
> >>
> >> Our cars are 05 untill 12:01am 1/1/2006

> > I wouldn't be so sure! Audi determine what model year a particular car
> > is, and it is part of the VIN. My wife took delivery of her A2 in July
> > 2002 and it has a UK 02 registration plate. However, the car is
> > definitely a 2003 model, according to the VIN.
> >
> > I took delivery of my RS6 in May 2003, and that is still a 2003 model.

> It still was sold as a 2002 model, hence why I said it does not happen over
> here <UK>

When we placed the order, we were told that it would be to the 2003
specification. With a 2003 VIN, surely that makes it a 2003 model?

Old August 12th 05, 12:10 AM
KLS

On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 21:31:43 +0100, Peter Bell >
wrote:

>In message >
> Guy King > wrote:
>
>> The message >
>> from Peter Bell > contains these words:
>>
>> > I wouldn't be so sure! Audi determine what model year a particular car
>> > is, and it is part of the VIN. My wife took delivery of her A2 in July
>> > 2002 and it has a UK 02 registration plate. However, the car is
>> > definitely a 2003 model, according to the VIN.

>> Unlike some cars which can sit in a soggy field for a couple of years
>> before being sold. Fiat did a lot of that a few years ago.

>Never buy a car which is 'in stock'! Always come up with a
>specification which means that the car has to be built to order.

Great idea, but not all of us can afford 1) the price associated with
this action or 2) the time involved in waiting for the result. I'm
sure you are aware of the discounts on "in stock" cars, and great buys
can be had at the right times and places, not to mention actually
getting the car in one's possession at the time of purchase. Instant
gratification has its own appeal, after all.
Old August 12th 05, 12:45 PM
Ronny

"Peter Bell" > wrote in message
> In message >
> "Ronny" > wrote:
>

>> "Peter Bell" > wrote in message

>> > Over where?

>> > I wouldn't be so sure! Audi determine what model year a particular car
>> > is, and it is part of the VIN. My wife took delivery of her A2 in July
>> > 2002 and it has a UK 02 registration plate. However, the car is
>> > definitely a 2003 model, according to the VIN.
>> >
>> > I took delivery of my RS6 in May 2003, and that is still a 2003 model.

>> It still was sold as a 2002 model, hence why I said it does not happen
>> over
>> here <UK>

> When we placed the order, we were told that it would be to the 2003
> specification. With a 2003 VIN, surely that makes it a 2003 model?
>
> --
> Peter Bell (Note Spamtrap - To reply, replace 'invalid' with
> 'bellfamily')

How many adverts have you seen where a 2006 model car is advertised in may
2005? Our trade descriptions are alot more stringent then that of America.

What the actual car is, is another matter, the OP said "Can anyone tell me
if there has been any
changes between the UK '05 and '06 models in SE trim"

How would we know??? if we buy a car in 2005 it comes as a 2005 car. We
don't have an 06 model, there is nothing on Audi.co.uk advertising an 06
model and we are currently in 2005.

"06 model lifestyle pack" is a blatent American way of shifting more cars,
it doesn't really happen over here, so we would not know.

We might get a special edition model of somthing like a Ford Focus JAZZ, but
it is marketed as that and not a 2006 model IIRC

Old August 12th 05, 02:42 PM
Peter Bell

In message >
"Ronny" > wrote:

[Snip]

> What the actual car is, is another matter, the OP said "Can anyone tell me
> if there has been any
> changes between the UK '05 and '06 models in SE trim"
>
> How would we know??? if we buy a car in 2005 it comes as a 2005 car. We
> don't have an 06 model, there is nothing on Audi.co.uk advertising an 06
> model and we are currently in 2005.

So, how often does the specification of a particular car model change
between 31 December and 1 January?

In the case of my wife's A2, there were significant differences between
her car and one delivered delivered a month earlier. That's the
difference between the 2002 model year and 2003 model year (as defined
by the year identifier in the VIN).

Cars will be being delivered now with a 2006 year identifier in the VIN.
What the OP was wanting to know was what difference would there be
between such a car, and one with a 2005 year identifier in the VIN. I'm
sure you are fully aware of that and that I've just been hooked by your
trolling!

2003 Passat 1.8T Wagon THX 1138 VW water cooled 8 August 26th 05 01:29 AM
2001 Jetta 1.8T - Recirculating block heater? Tyler Gunn VW water cooled 0 December 31st 04 09:18 PM
Allroad or A6 Avant Quatro? TK Audi 5 November 19th 04 06:39 PM
1.8T Oil issue -- cost Libby Audi 35 September 23rd 04 03:14 PM