Marvel Mystery Oil

Old May 18th 11, 04:57 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
adamh

Default Marvel Mystery Oil

I daily-drive an 88 Dodge Aries K-car, with the 2.2L and have used MMO in the fuel (4 oz. every fill up to this day; I use an old Lucas UCL 5.25 oz bottle lol), the engine (1 pint for 2 - 3000 mile OCIs, back to back with Pennzoil 5W-30 as a clean up regimine), and the power steering (6 oz. as top off), I've also heard it can be used without a problem in the automatic transmission as a cleaning agent, particularly before a pan drop....but I personally haven't went that route.

But yea, when I first got the car, I did the first 2 OCIs with 1 pint of MMO in the motor oil to clean up the "who knows what" oil they had in there for 2+ years sitting in the old ladies barn....surprisingly the car is in great shape, runs great with only 36k on the clock. Still has the original Mopar power steering belt even lol.

Back to that Slick50....yea, I've heard some bad stuff about that stuff, whatever they got in there (can't remember what it's called.....? Teflon I think?) is prone to clogging oil passages, filters, etc. and causing the oil filter to go into bypass mode....which unfiltered oil = bad...heh
Old May 25th 11, 04:42 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B[_2_]

On Wed, 18 May 2011 08:57:22 -0700, adamh wrote:

> I daily-drive an 88 Dodge Aries K-car, with the 2.2L and have used MMO
> in the fuel (4 oz. every fill up to this day; I use an old Lucas UCL
> 5.25 oz bottle lol), the engine (1 pint for 2 - 3000 mile OCIs, back to
> back with Pennzoil 5W-30 as a clean up regimine), and the power steering
> (6 oz. as top off), I've also heard it can be used without a problem in
> the automatic transmission as a cleaning agent, particularly before a
> pan drop....but I personally haven't went that route.
>

> But yea, when I first got the car, I did the first 2 OCIs with 1 pint of
> MMO in the motor oil to clean up the "who knows what" oil they had in
> there for 2+ years sitting in the old ladies barn....surprisingly the
> car is in great shape, runs great with only 36k on the clock. Still has
> the original Mopar power steering belt even lol.
>

> Back to that Slick50....yea, I've heard some bad stuff about that stuff,
> whatever they got in there (can't remember what it's called.....?
> Teflon I think?) is prone to clogging oil passages, filters, etc. and
> causing the oil filter to go into bypass mode....which unfiltered oil =
> bad...heh

I have used both MMO and Slick 50 in various cars since 1982.
My 1980 Corolla went 240,000 miles for me, then I traded it and it went
about 3 more years from someone else. Probably didn't take very good care
of it...

Then my '85 Corolla GTS went 259,000 miles on the same diet of Castrol
GTX, Lee oil filters (try to find one of those!) and MMO.

A funny thing happened to my '89 Mazda (bought in 2006 with 154,000
miles). It DIDN'T like the Castrol and the MMO...developed noisy hydraulic
Lash Adjusters. I went out and bought 4 new HLAs to replace the one or two
noisy ones, but before I did I got some Quaker State High Mileage with
Slick 50, changed the oil and 30 minutes later brought the HLAs back to
the store...clacks once in a while, so I just top off the oil...

Marvel Mystery Oil [email protected] Honda 22 May 24th 11 03:21 PM
Marvel Mystery Oil adamh Driving 2 May 23rd 11 12:20 PM
Marvel Mystery Oil: Can it clean injectors? adamh Technology 5 May 19th 11 12:12 AM
KW Tranny Additive; Marvel Mystery Oil adamh General 0 May 18th 11 04:23 PM