Turns Over but Won't Start

Old May 14th 09, 09:52 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Christopher Muto

Default Turns Over but Won't Start

Thanks Chris and Lanny. The tach droped in sych with engine speed, but for
no obvious reason - with the gas pedal steady while driving slowly, or while
idel at a stop light, the engine speed (and tach) droped as if it was
choking for gas. And since it passed after a few minutes on each of the two
times it left me confused about it possibly being an electrical problem. I
would not think of an electrical problem behaving differently after warming
up. Back to the shop I go... Thanks again for all the insight and the
pointers.

Old May 14th 09, 11:05 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Lanny Chambers

In article > ,
"Christopher Muto" > wrote:

> The tach droped in sych with engine speed, but for
> no obvious reason - with the gas pedal steady while driving slowly, or while
> idel at a stop light, the engine speed (and tach) droped as if it was
> choking for gas. And since it passed after a few minutes on each of the two
> times it left me confused about it possibly being an electrical problem.

In the Bad Olde Days, we would be chanting--in unison--"points, plugs,
condenser."

Clean the grounds anyway. An intermittent ground can affect anything
from the injectors to the computer.

--
Lanny Chambers
St. Louis, MO
Old May 18th 09, 04:58 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_3_]

Lanny Chambers > wrote:

> You should find twenty-seven eight-by-ten color glossy photographs
> with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one...

Officer Obie is giving car repair advice now?

The Usenet Improvement Project:
http://improve-usenet.org
Old May 18th 09, 06:43 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Lanny Chambers

In article >,
XS11E > wrote:

> > You should find twenty-seven eight-by-ten color glossy photographs
> > with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one...

> Officer Obie is giving car repair advice now?

Yes, but only around Thanksgiving.

--
Lanny Chambers
St. Louis, MO
Old June 7th 09, 04:36 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Carbon

You can get anything you want at miata.net.
Old June 7th 09, 09:35 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_3_]

Carbon > wrote:

> On Thu, 14 May 2009 11:02:26 -0500, Lanny Chambers wrote:
>
>> Search the NA forum at http://forum.miata.net/ for "cleaning
>> grounds" or similar. You should find twenty-seven eight-by-ten
>> color glossy photographs with circles and arrows and a paragraph
>> on the back of each one...

> You can get anything you want at miata.net.

Browse right in, it's around the back.

Old June 8th 09, 01:03 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
peter

XS11E wrote:
> Carbon > wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 14 May 2009 11:02:26 -0500, Lanny Chambers wrote:
>>
>>> Search the NA forum at http://forum.miata.net/ for "cleaning
>>> grounds" or similar. You should find twenty-seven eight-by-ten
>>> color glossy photographs with circles and arrows and a paragraph
>>> on the back of each one...

>> You can get anything you want at miata.net.

> Browse right in, it's around the back.

ok, thats enough!
i'll tell arlo
Old June 8th 09, 01:06 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
peter

Lanny Chambers wrote:

> Search the NA forum at http://forum.miata.net/ for "cleaning grounds" or
> similar. You should find twenty-seven eight-by-ten color glossy
> photographs with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each
> one...
>
> 1.6 cars have somewhat different ground arrangements from 1.8 cars, so
> make sure you're looking at the right instructions.

the forum is down at this time....
Old June 8th 09, 01:13 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_3_]

peter > wrote:

> XS11E wrote:
>> Carbon > wrote:

>> Browse right in, it's around the back.
>>

> ok, thats enough!
> i'll tell arlo

Can't, he's riding on the City of New Orleans....

Old June 8th 09, 11:29 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
peter

XS11E wrote:

>> ok, thats enough!
>> i'll tell arlo

> Can't, he's riding on the City of New Orleans....

isnt he a pilot...didn't he fly into Los Angeles with a couple of "keys"
stop it