looking for 330xd touring

Old July 8th 06, 11:07 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Pak

Default looking for 330xd touring

Hi all,
I'm looking for that type of car, a 2nd hand one (2002/2003), max budget
20000eur (appr $ 26K), and not more than 100000km "old".
my question is, when I see samples, what should I ask for in terms of "what
has already been replaced, what are the next things that I'll have to look
after" and where should I look to avoid expensive traps ?
I'm quite new to BMW...
Thanks for your time,
Pascal (France)

Old July 10th 06, 08:26 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
[email protected]

> I'm looking for that type of car, a 2nd hand one (2002/2003), max budget
> 20000eur (appr $ 26K), and not more than 100000km "old".
> my question is, when I see samples, what should I ask for in terms of "what
> has already been replaced, what are the next things that I'll have to look
> after" and where should I look to avoid expensive traps ?
> I'm quite new to BMW...

Do you _really_ want the 330xd? Nothing against the car, but at least
in Germany it is one of the most exclusive models, I think even more
exclusive than M3
I you look at the statistics (a have only German ones), they sell ~500
of those out of ~40k total per year, or about ~1%. I suspect, the
situation in France shouldn't be very different.

So, if you even find one for sale which suits you, each and every part,
which is unique to that model could potentially be an expensive trap.
Due to its exclusivity and single source (bmw dealership).

The 300C Touring could be a hit in the UK - with diesel engine Dori A Schmetterling Chrysler 3 June 15th 06 09:05 PM
FS: E34 520i Touring (UK) JB BMW 0 January 6th 06 09:07 PM
Historic Touring Car Mod gcorrigan Simulators 2 November 16th 05 08:59 PM
1992 525i Touring MPG Scott BMW 2 June 5th 05 07:12 PM
Bilstein Touring vs HD Struts Raybender BMW 5 January 14th 05 06:52 PM