156 Veloce Clarion (black with green display) Radio Removal

Old August 30th 04, 09:35 PM
Zathras

Default 156 Veloce Clarion (black with green display) Radio Removal

How do I remove this from the dash without bending, breaking or
scratching anything?

I've got the black surround off (no great achievement) but the radio
has refused to budge. There's a metal tab at the top right hand corner
that looks like it might be a latch but it will not move and I don't
want to resort to metal bending just yet! What am I missing?

Scotland
Alfa Romeo 156 2.4JTD Veloce Leather
'Oil' be seeing you..
(Email without 'Alfa' in subject are auto-deleted..sorry!)
Old August 30th 04, 09:57 PM
Catman

Zathras wrote:

> How do I remove this from the dash without bending, breaking or
> scratching anything?
>
> I've got the black surround off (no great achievement) but the radio
> has refused to budge. There's a metal tab at the top right hand corner
> that looks like it might be a latch but it will not move and I don't
> want to resort to metal bending just yet! What am I missing?

Your local car stereo shop will probably be able to sell you a tool (if
such there be). Normally there are a couple of clips that need to be
released using specially shaped prodding things.

Of course, the clarion may be different.
Alfa 116 Giulietta 3.0l (Really) Sprint 1.7 75 2.0 TS (two off)
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk
Old August 31st 04, 06:14 AM
Stuart Powell

I had that model in my car which i had trouble removing. There should be 2
metal strips in with your radio manual with all your other alfa documents.
insert one down each side of the unit and it will just pull out. if you
dont have these strips then i found that hacksaw blades will also work!

Old August 31st 04, 09:36 PM
Zathras

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 05:14:49 GMT, "Stuart Powell"
> wrote:

>I had that model in my car which i had trouble removing. There should be 2
>metal strips in with your radio manual with all your other alfa documents.
>insert one down each side of the unit and it will just pull out. if you
>dont have these strips then i found that hacksaw blades will also work!

Ah ha! I'll investigate that one. It seems the most probable as there
aren't any slots or holes that you could obviously get a more normal
removal tool down. I'll probably have to use a steel ruler or hacksaw
blades! Thanks for that!