GTR English Patch

Old January 10th 05, 12:09 PM
Tiny Lund

"Timmy Ferrell" > wrote in message
> Hi All,
> I just got my copy of GTR from the Driver's Emporium. I thought there was
> an English patch on bhmotorsports.com but I can't find it. Where can I
> find it?
> Thnaks,
> Timmy

You should be able to find all the GTR files here.
http://www.m4driving.it/files/33,1.html

I got my copy from the Emporium today and after some goofs these are the
steps I took to get it installed and updated.

Install discs/start game and update online(not Multiplayer) then you will be
at 1.1. Then download and install official GTR 1.2 patch. Then go back to
update online and get ver. 2.1 which addresses multiplayer issues. Then
install the german-english patch. After that go to multiplayer and create an
online name and password. Enter the online key on inside front cover of
case. I just ran online and there are a ton of players. Many speak english
and answered some questions in chat. It works great! I am sure others have
loaded this stuff differently but this is what worked for me.

Old January 12th 05, 01:26 PM
Byron Forbes

Go to the GTR/UIDATA folder and delete the "game.dic" file. This is the
most foolproof way to do it. Some is still left in german but nothing of
great importance. The Motec part won't be effected though of course.