Midway Announces Midway Arcade Treasures 3 (Racing compilation)

Old February 16th 05, 07:27 PM
vg dude

Default Midway Announces Midway Arcade Treasures 3 (Racing compilation)

http://www.planetgamecube.com/news.c...n=item&id=6024

Compilation to Deliver Classic Racing Favorites

Prepare to Test the Limits of Speed and Catch Some Serious Air while
Racing to the Finish Line in Eight of Midway's Greatest Racing Games
Ever

CHICAGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Feb. 16, 2005-- Midway Games Inc. (NYSE: MWY
- News), a leading interactive entertainment industry publisher and
developer, today announced the newest addition to the company's Midway
Arcade Treasures(TM) franchise, Midway Arcade Treasures 3. The third
installment in the successful Midway Arcade Treasures series, Midway
Arcade Treasures 3 follows in the wake of million unit seller, Midway
Arcade Treasures(TM) (2003) and the 2004 holiday hit, Midway Arcade
Treasures(TM) 2. Scheduled to ship Fall 2005, Midway Arcade Treasures
3 is in currently in development for the PlayStation®2 computer
entertainment system, the Xbox® video game system from Microsoft, and
the Nintendo GameCube(TM) with a suggested retail price of $19.99.

"The Midway Arcade Treasures brand continues to be one of Midway's
strongest-selling and most popular franchises," said Steve Allison,
chief marketing officer, Midway. "Midway Arcade Treasures 3 provides
the same, classic feel as the previous two Midway Arcade Treasures
installments while bringing back several of the most popular racing
games in the industry's history to today's next generation consoles."

With the latest addition to Midway's classic gaming vault, consumers
will be given the option to either hone their racing skills in single
player mode in games such as S.T.U.N. Runner, or fulfill their
head-to-head appetite and leave friends in the dust with titles such
as Hydro Thunder and Super Off Road. Midway Arcade Treasures 3 will
also feature player rankings via Xbox Live(TM) to allow gamers to post
and track personal scores against the best in the world.

Midway Arcade Treasures 3 Includes:

Eight classic arcade racing games including:

* Badlands(TM)
* Hydro Thunder®
* Off Road Thunder: Mud, Sweat 'N Gears(TM)
* Race Drivin'®
* San Francisco Rush The Rock: Alcatraz Edition(TM)
* San Francisco Rush 2049(TM)
* S.T.U.N. Runner(TM)
* Super Off Road(TM) & Bonus Tracks Pack

Nonstop Action - Hours of power, speed, jumps and thrills

Multiple Courses - Dozens of tracks to chose from throughout the
various games

Xbox Live - Post high scores to decide the best of the best

Multiplayer Gameplay - One-to-four player modes (*different for
various titles)
Old February 16th 05, 10:19 PM
Eric Tetz

Race Drivin' = must buy for me

What a thing to stumble across in an arcade next to the Golden Axe
machine... full size wheel with *powerful* force feedback motors,
H-shifter, clutch, simulation physics, etc. Too much fun.

http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?...R&game_id=9226

Old February 16th 05, 10:27 PM
BelPowerslave

> Midway Arcade Treasures 3 Includes:
>
> Eight classic arcade racing games including:
>
> * Badlands(TM)
> * Hydro Thunder®
> * Off Road Thunder: Mud, Sweat 'N Gears(TM)
> * Race Drivin'®
> * San Francisco Rush The Rock: Alcatraz Edition(TM)
> * San Francisco Rush 2049(TM)
> * S.T.U.N. Runner(TM)
> * Super Off Road(TM) & Bonus Tracks Pack
>
> Nonstop Action - Hours of power, speed, jumps and thrills
>
> Multiple Courses - Dozens of tracks to chose from throughout the
> various games
>
> Xbox Live - Post high scores to decide the best of the best
>
> Multiplayer Gameplay - One-to-four player modes (*different for
> various titles)

****ing-A, it's like a dream come true! Though, HT and SFR 2049 were damn
near perfect on the DC, I'd still like to see them on the Xbox....STUN
Runner was a no-brainer as it got cancelled for the last
compilation...what really gets me about this compilation is the arcade
perfect(hopefully) SF Rush! Very cool that they are putting in "The Rock"
edition(like the N64 version had hidden in it). Race Drivin' would be
nice, but if they **** up the control on it like they did with Hard
Drivin' on the last compilation, it'll be a best...

Man, I was keeping the N64 around *just* for SF Rush and a few other
games...but damn, time to sell that piece of **** now....SF Xbox all the
way baby!

Bel

--

Whip Ass Gaming: http://www.whipassgaming.com/

"Row, row, row your boat gently down the stream...whoa, I think my dingy
hanging out!
- Lo Wang, Shadow Warrior

Old February 18th 05, 06:37 PM
Jonah Falcon

I can't get too excited. While Midway made some kickass driving games, I
never played them in the arcades. I own the first 2 Midway Classics, though.

Jonah Falcon

Old February 19th 05, 12:48 AM
BelPowerslave

> I can't get too excited. While Midway made some kickass driving games, I
> never played them in the arcades. I own the first 2 Midway Classics, though.
>
> Jonah Falcon

I've played most of the titles on this disc, and even own some of them on other
systems...but for SF Rush alone...it'll be worth the money. I wonder if they'll
aim for the $20 price tag again for something lower as there are only 8 games
on there this time around...

Bel