98 neon wont start

Old March 13th 06, 06:45 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge

Default 98 neon wont start

i have a 98 dodge neon sport and a helluva story to go with it!
this car has 80,000 miles...i was driving it one day and noted that
it was starting to overheat( overheat due to bad electric fan motor ),
i pulled over at a gas station about 1/2 mile away.i was in a hurry and
got brave enough to knock off the radiator cap to get out the hot water( real
genious hugh?).
of course the hot water goes all over the motor. after about 20 or 30 minutes
i notice the car
has cooled down enough to refill my radiator...so i do that. i try to start
the car and it justs rolls over.
that was about a year ago ( im in the marines, so i wasnt exactly always home)
....but the damn car
hasnt cranked since.
theres no oil in the antifreeze, no discoloring in
the motor oil......so im ruling out a possible head gasket problem.

im getting gas through the injector....so im ruling out any gas problems.

the cams are turning and there seems to be no damage to the timing belt,
so im not thinking this is the problem.

i finally replaced all spark plugs, wires, and the coilpack.....still no
response, just rolls over
so perfect with no get up and go. i have tested and got NO FIRE to ANY of the
plugs! this is with all
old parts, and new parts!

all fuses and relays read good.......new battery.....?

anyone have the slightest idea.......because im absolutely stuck and spending
money that aint helping.
i took the car to a mechanic shop, and buddy said he thought that the car got
so hot the pistons jammed...
but if thats the case, the car shouldnt roll over....the motor should be
locked down...right?

help!!!!???
Old March 13th 06, 10:19 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge

"chrissebastian" <u19626@uwe> wrote in message news:5d2db7dce6f55@uwe...
> i have a 98 dodge neon sport and a helluva story to go with it!
> this car has 80,000 miles...i was driving it one day and noted that
> it was starting to overheat( overheat due to bad electric fan motor ),
> i pulled over at a gas station about 1/2 mile away.i was in a hurry and
> got brave enough to knock off the radiator cap to get out the hot water(

real
> genious hugh?).
> of course the hot water goes all over the motor. after about 20 or 30

minutes
> i notice the car
> has cooled down enough to refill my radiator...so i do that. i try to

start
> the car and it justs rolls over.
> that was about a year ago ( im in the marines, so i wasnt exactly always

home)
> ...but the damn car
> hasnt cranked since.
> theres no oil in the antifreeze, no discoloring in
> the motor oil......so im ruling out a possible head gasket problem.
>
> im getting gas through the injector....so im ruling out any gas problems.
>
> the cams are turning and there seems to be no damage to the timing belt,
> so im not thinking this is the problem.
>
> i finally replaced all spark plugs, wires, and the coilpack.....still no
> response, just rolls over
> so perfect with no get up and go. i have tested and got NO FIRE to ANY of

the
> plugs! this is with all
> old parts, and new parts!
>
> all fuses and relays read good.......new battery.....?
>
> anyone have the slightest idea.......because im absolutely stuck and

spending
> money that aint helping.
> i took the car to a mechanic shop, and buddy said he thought that the car

got
> so hot the pistons jammed...
> but if thats the case, the car shouldnt roll over....the motor should be
> locked down...right?
>
> help!!!!???

What fault codes are stored in the memory? and if you spray a carb cleaner
into the throttle body does it want to kick over then????

Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech

Old March 14th 06, 10:43 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge

Have you Listen to see if you here the fuel pump? If that is good look at
your camshaft sensor is it giving a sigal? Just some things to check. Good
Luck.

Old March 15th 06, 06:57 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge

JabberJaw36 wrote:
> Have you Listen to see if you here the fuel pump? If that is good look at
>your camshaft sensor is it giving a sigal? Just some things to check. Good
>Luck.

chrissebastian>- good idea about the sensor....but would that stop fire to
the coilpack???

Old March 18th 06, 07:44 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge

The PCM wouldnt get one the signals from the sensor to help it tell when
to fire.