Question about different types of engines

Old January 11th 05, 04:47 PM
Green Shampoo

Default Question about different types of engines

Hello all! I brought my Saturn to Germany with me and I'm about at 65,000
miles so I figured its time to change my plugs and wires. Problem is, no
auto stores here have parts for Saturns.
I decided to go to Advance Autoparts website and see what they are charging.
Well, I had always thought that 2000 Saturn SL1s all had the same SOHC
engine. On the webpage, it asks if mine is a 116 CID VIN 7 or 116 CID VIN
8. What does the VIN 7 or 8 mean? I looked at the part numbers for each and
they are not the same. How would I find out which one I need to buy?
TIA

Old January 11th 05, 07:43 PM
jdoe

You will not find the proper plugs after market any way. I looked at every
outlet I could find and the only place I could get the plugs was the dealer.
Seems NGK makes them expressly for Saturn only.
Larry

Old January 13th 05, 06:50 AM
Napalm Heart

I have bought them several times at NAPA.

Old January 13th 05, 01:53 PM
jdoe

You'll get plugs that "fit" and may work but even my Napa suppliers have
told me the only way to get exact plug is at dealer as NGK ONLY distributes
this plug at the dealer level.
Larry

Old February 5th 05, 02:11 AM
BANDIT2941

>You'll get plugs that "fit" and may work but even my Napa suppliers have
>told me the only way to get exact plug is at dealer as NGK ONLY distributes
>this plug at the dealer level.
>Larry

I've run a few sets of NAPA NGK plug's through, no problems.

I'm sure the differences are negligable since NAPA does list a PN for
it........if they were a lot different they wouldn't get sold.