2006 Chrysler 300C LEMON

Old July 1st 05, 09:32 PM
Angelo D via CarKB.com

Old July 1st 05, 10:08 PM
Peter A. Stavrakoglou

"Angelo D via CarKB.com" > wrote in message
>I just bought the 06 300C for a price of 44K...It had 38 miles on it and is
> now in the dealers repair facility.There is an apparent transmission
> problem
> with this vehicle which thier diagnostics can't seem to locate. They have
> manfacturer representative coming to make a determination as to what they
> are
> going to do.Meantime,I'm driving a dealer supplied Chevy neon from
> Enterprise
> that doesn't even have power steering!! This is a New Jersey dealer who
> should have at least supplied me with a comparable vehicle that I just
> spent
> thousands on.I have already started proceedings and am keeping all records
> up
> to date,because this looks like its going to be a legal matter concerning
> the
> New Jersey Lemon Law. Will keep you posted..

A Neon is unacceptable. I had some intital problems with my 300C that
caused three repairs for the same problem (finally found the problem - a
screw was shorting out the PCM). This wasn't a major problem like yours but
I was not happy after spending 36K and having a the "Check Engine" light
come on the first day I drove it. The dealer provided a loaner each time, a
Subaru Imprezza (they also sell Subarus). After the second time, I wouldn't
accept that type of car for a loaner. After spending that much on a car and
having it in the shop immediately, I wanted a better car. They obliged with
no hassle. They gave me a Pacifica which they had to rent since they had
none available as loaners off of their lot.

Old July 1st 05, 10:42 PM
General Schvantzkoph

On Fri, 01 Jul 2005 15:08:19 -0500, Sarge wrote:

> General Schvantzkoph: "Lemon laws are stacked in favor of the car
> companies. My business partner had an $75K Audi that was never right. It was
> in the shop 12 time in 12 months, they were never able to fix it. The car
> company is give multiple chances to fix the problem. If they can't fix it
> then you have to go to arbitration, you can't sue them and you can't recover
> your legal costs if hire a lawyer so it's either going to cost you a lot in
> legal fees or in time. He ended up taking the loss and trading it in on a
> Mercedes.
> I hope that you are just unlucky and that there isn't a design problem with
> the 300C AWD (I'm assuming that's what you have since you paid 44K). I also
> just bought the 300C AWD. Mine has been flawless so far but I only have 750
> miles on it so it's to soon to tell."
>
> New Jersey lemon laws states the vehicle must be in the shop for the same
> repair 3 times or out of service for 20 days. This must occur within 18
> thousand miles or 2 years which ever occurs first.
>
> Sarge

The New Hampshire law is similar, the problem is the cost of getting them
to replace the car if they can't fix it. In my partner's case they tried
over and over to fix it but they were never able to correct the problem.
Audi has tiger teams of expert mechanics that they send in when the dealer
can't handle the problem, they weren't able to fix it either. With any
other good the company would just replace it but car companies don't do
that. You have to take them to arbitration and the arbitrator has to order
them to do the right thing. There is no other industry that treats it's
customers this way. If you went to Best Buy and bought a $10,000 plasma TV
and it didn't work right they would just take it back and give you a
replacement or your money back. They don't spend two years trying to fix
it before they admit it's a lemon, they replace it on the spot and send
the defective unit back to the manufacturer.

Old July 1st 05, 10:44 PM
General Schvantzkoph

On Fri, 01 Jul 2005 14:57:31 -0400, Daniel J. Stern wrote:

This doesn't sound like a troll to me. These things happen, as I stated in
a couple of other posts on this thread my business partner had the same
kind of problem with an Audi.

Old July 2nd 05, 12:31 AM
tim bur

have the dealer drop the trans pan and if any white fluid is present then the
trans has to be flushed out a couple of times to correct the 4-5 gear shudder
from the water getting into the trans fromm the bad seal at the dipstick tube

Old July 2nd 05, 01:50 AM
Daniel J. Stern

On Fri, 1 Jul 2005, General Schvantzkoph wrote:

> On Fri, 01 Jul 2005 14:57:31 -0400, Daniel J. Stern wrote:
>
> This doesn't sound like a troll to me. These things happen, as I stated in
> a couple of other posts on this thread my business partner had the same
> kind of problem with an Audi.

I did not write the above. Learn to attribute your quotes correctly.
Old July 2nd 05, 02:29 AM
Matt Whiting

Angelo D via CarKB.com wrote:

> I just bought the 06 300C for a price of 44K...It had 38 miles on it and is
> now in the dealers repair facility.There is an apparent transmission problem
> with this vehicle which thier diagnostics can't seem to locate. They have a
> manfacturer representative coming to make a determination as to what they are
> going to do.Meantime,I'm driving a dealer supplied Chevy neon from Enterprise
> that doesn't even have power steering!! This is a New Jersey dealer who
> should have at least supplied me with a comparable vehicle that I just spent
> thousands on.I have already started proceedings and am keeping all records up
> to date,because this looks like its going to be a legal matter concerning the
> New Jersey Lemon Law. Will keep you posted..

Chevy Neon? Sounds like a troll...

Matt
Old July 2nd 05, 02:31 AM
Matt Whiting

Angelo D via CarKB.com wrote:

> Sarge wrote:

wrote: "can you identify the dealer.. I live in NJ and
>>am considering a 300C."
>>
>>Why you need this. His complaint is mainly about the vehicle being a lemon.
>>The dealership my works at has loaners when required and they loan out any
>>used vehicle they have on the lot. They not going to loan you the same
>>exact vehicle you are having repaired.
>>
>>Sarge

> For the money I paid Sarge,,they should have "REPLACED" the vehicle with a
> completely new one,but.no,,now we have to suffer the aggravation of dealing
> with a "lemon" and constant trips back and forth to this dealer.

How do you know that? They may well find and fix the problem and you'll
be good as new, or in this case, better than new.

Matt
Old July 2nd 05, 03:38 AM
Dawgz83944

"" wrote:
> Daniel J. Stern wrote:
> >> I just bought the 06 300C for a price of 44K...It had 38

> miles on it and
> >> is now in the dealers repair facility.There is an apparent

> transmission
> >> problem with this vehicle which thier diagnostics can't

> seem to locate.
> >> Meantime,I'm driving a dealer supplied Chevy neon from

> Enterprise that
> >> doesn't even have power steering!!

> > +--------------------------------------+
> > 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 /
> > 1 9 /
> > 0 10 /
> > TROLL-O-METER /
> > /
> > /

> > _________________________/
> > /
> > ....................../
> >
> > +----------+
> > | PLEASE |
> > | DO NOT |
> > | FEED THE |
> > | TROLLS |

God boohoo I have 3 friend that have 300c’s. 1) has 25251mi 2) has
10367mi 3) has 546mi. All have no problems. I’m sure since you are
familiar with mistakes (Chevy Neon) there can be wierd problems with a
complicated piece of machinery like a car. I’m also sure that Mercedes
who if I remember correctly made the tranny for the car knows what
they are doing. However I also believe they should take care of it for
no charge and since the cavalier has to have power steering either
file a law suit or call DC and complain. Whining about it isn’t gonna
fix anything. Don’t forget this car is all old Mercedes E Class except
the engine. Rest assured they will fix the problem and it’s your fault
you paid $44k for a $35k car. If no one paid $44k for the car then it
would sell for what it’s worth. Just my .02

Topic URL: http://www.autoforumz.com/Chrysler-2...ict127002.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.autoforumz.com/eform.php?p=619591
Old July 2nd 05, 05:17 AM
Art

Lemon laws vary by state and some are very easy for the consumer to
negotiate. Arbitrtion is voluntary for the consumer but binding on the
manufacturer.

news