Proof Positive You're Being MFFY'd With

Old March 2nd 06, 04:25 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Default Proof Positive You're Being MFFY'd With

Brent P wrote:
> In article . com>, Harry K wrote:
>
> > As opposed to a MFFY (you in your own words by blocking him from
> > merging), I don't have the mistaken belief that I own the space ahead
> > of my vehicle.

> It is not MFFY to prevent a known obstructing driver who has demonstrated
> poor planing from getting in front of you to continue obstructing and
> planing poorly.
>
> > I will try to block anyone making any ILLEGAL maneuver
> > but if they can legally do it, it is no skin off my back side. Now
> > blocking some MFFY who passes a long line and tries to cut in at a
> > merge, he'll wait for some one else to let him in.

> Same theory. You are not allowing someone who has demonstrated poor driving
> behavior to get in front you.

First you will have to show how anyione proceeding legally in the right
lane is "blocking traffic". The blocker is clearly the LLB. Looks to
me like Scott and the LLB are the only ones demonstrating poor driving
practices...but then got forbid he should be called on it.

Harry K

Old March 2nd 06, 04:30 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Scott en Aztlán > wrote in
:

> On 2 Mar 2006 01:14:41 GMT, Jim Yanik > wrote:
>
>>> - gpsman

>>The LLB's primary error(blocking the passing lane) was COMPOUNDED by
>>the LML's tagging alongside (making a rolling roadblock) until the
>>last minute and then wanting to merge in behind the LLB,when the LML
>>-should- have been looking ahead and planning ahead,and he could have
>>sped up to merge ahead of the LB and not inbetween the LLB and it's
>>trailing car.(reducing the safety margin for the trailing car and
>>making him and everyone behind him to slow up,reducing highway
>>throughput.)
>>
>>It's unfortunate that you can't see that in your support for MFFYs and
>>their enablers.

> Now you understand how gpsman earned a permanent place in my killfile.

Yes,he just made mine.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Old March 2nd 06, 04:31 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Jim Yanik wrote:
> "Harry K" > wrote in
> oups.com:
>

> > Jim Yanik wrote:

> >> "legal",but not advisable,as it shows the guy was not "looking
> >> ahead,thinking ahead,acting ahead".
> >> IOW,he was a "last-minute Larry"(LML).
> >> I wouldn't want the LML BMW merging between me and the LLB,either.It
> >> cuts down my safety distance.
> >> Besides,by staying alongside the LLB,the LML was negligent in leaving
> >> himself another option.(besides contributing to a rolling roadblock.)
> >>
> >> --
> >> Jim Yanik
> >> jyanik
> >> at
> >> kua.net

> > Granted but the real fault is the LLB to whom Scott gave a clear pass.
> > As for the LML merging between me and the LLB I resolve that simply by
> > lifting my foot for a second.
> >
> > Harry K
> >

> IOW,you're an ENABLER.
>
> --
> Jim Yanik
> jyanik
> at
> kua.net

So be it then. I have no problem being an "enabler" if you can somehow
define that to mean taking no action at all. Someone wants to make a
legal move I will not obstruct it. Rather that than to be a MFFY

Harry K

Old March 2nd 06, 05:00 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Jim Yanik wrote: <brevity snip>
> Scott en Aztlán > wrote

> > Now you understand how gpsman earned a permanent place in my killfile.

> Yes,he just made mine.

-----
Ah, the killfile... first refuge of the first man to run out of
argument...

BuhWaHahahahaha...! <sob>

I LOVE abusing dimwits via usenet...
-----

- gpsman

Old March 2nd 06, 08:14 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

In article .com>, Harry K wrote:

> Brent P wrote:
>> In article . com>, Harry K wrote:
>>
>> > As opposed to a MFFY (you in your own words by blocking him from
>> > merging), I don't have the mistaken belief that I own the space ahead
>> > of my vehicle.

>> It is not MFFY to prevent a known obstructing driver who has demonstrated
>> poor planing from getting in front of you to continue obstructing and
>> planing poorly.
>>
>> > I will try to block anyone making any ILLEGAL maneuver
>> > but if they can legally do it, it is no skin off my back side. Now
>> > blocking some MFFY who passes a long line and tries to cut in at a
>> > merge, he'll wait for some one else to let him in.

>> Same theory. You are not allowing someone who has demonstrated poor driving
>> behavior to get in front you.

> First you will have to show how anyione proceeding legally in the right
> lane is "blocking traffic". The blocker is clearly the LLB. Looks to
> me like Scott and the LLB are the only ones demonstrating poor driving
> practices...but then got forbid he should be called on it.

The driver in the right lane was going slowly and wanted to move into the
left lane without turn signal at the same speed. Who knows what his final
intent is. He shouldn't be let in to become a second LLB to deal with.

As far as behavior goes, you're using the same logic as scott, you aren't
letting someone in who isn't driving in a proper manner. IMO no signal
alone is good enough....

Old March 2nd 06, 08:15 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

In article .com>, Harry K wrote:

> So be it then. I have no problem being an "enabler" if you can somehow
> define that to mean taking no action at all. Someone wants to make a
> legal move I will not obstruct it. Rather that than to be a MFFY

Queue jumping which you say you block is technically often legal, just
selfish and assholish.

Old March 2nd 06, 04:49 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

Scott en Aztlán wrote:

> >> The LLB is not responsible for Mr. BMW attempting to merge into an
> >> already-occupied lane with no turn signal.

> >Keep trying. You might even manage to believe your own whitewash.

> I see. So you're right, everyone else is wrong, and that's that.
> Nothing anyone says is going to change *your* mind, no siree!

Now that is rich!! Just WTH have you been doing? You make a mistake
blaming the wrong driver and go on for days trying to justify it.

I have as much aright to be stubborn as you do but the problem there is
that I have admitted being wrong in this newsgroup in the past, you
have never done so that I recall.

> I hope you enjoy your delusions (and your reduced travel times).
> --
> What the heck, I'll play too.

- Dave

Harry K