Saturn Life Times?

Old January 10th 05, 03:40 PM
Matt

Default Saturn Life Times?

Hi,
I own a 2000 SL1, and a friend of mine owns a 1998.. my sister ownes a
1995 Saturn... so far we are all extremely pleased with them. My
question is, how often have you had your Saturn break down on you? What
have you do to it (maintance wise), etc?
Old January 10th 05, 04:43 PM
Chuck

Matt wrote:
> Hi,
> I own a 2000 SL1, and a friend of mine owns a 1998.. my sister ownes

> 1995 Saturn... so far we are all extremely pleased with them. My
> question is, how often have you had your Saturn break down on you?

What
> have you do to it (maintance wise), etc?

I've accumulated over 400,000 miles on 4 Saturns. Only one highway
breakdown due to a Saturn shop screw-up that caused a 94 SW2 to lose
all the tranny fluid.
Oil changes every 3k mi., misc. filters (incl. fuel), plugs at maybe
50-70k mi.

Old January 10th 05, 04:52 PM
Brigitte

"Matt" > wrote in message
> Hi,
> I own a 2000 SL1, and a friend of mine owns a 1998.. my sister ownes a
> 1995 Saturn... so far we are all extremely pleased with them. My
> question is, how often have you had your Saturn break down on you? What
> have you do to it (maintance wise), etc?

I have a '95 SL2 that has been a great little car. It has about 128,000
miles and except for having to replace the wiper motor, the car has been no
trouble. It has a an intermittent problem with the driver's window gets
stuck in the up position, but since it's one of our "extra" vehicles, it's
not that big a deal.

We feel more comfortable driving trucks and minivans, so the saturn is
mostly driven when one of our "comfortable" cars is in for maintenance.

Brigitte

Old January 10th 05, 05:46 PM
Matt

> I've accumulated over 400,000 miles on 4 Saturns. Only one highway
> breakdown due to a Saturn shop screw-up that caused a 94 SW2 to lose
> all the tranny fluid.
> Oil changes every 3k mi., misc. filters (incl. fuel), plugs at maybe
> 50-70k mi.

Chuck,
How often do you change the fuel filter?
Old January 10th 05, 07:32 PM
Chuck

I didn't change it on my '94 until 87k, but the factory recommendation
is probably 60k, maybe sooner? The filter is about $20 and not a real
simple job.

Old February 8th 05, 07:52 PM

On our third - had a 97 saturn that ran very well, and got rear-ended &
wrecked (but we walked away). Replaced it with a 99 SL2, still in use,
works great, and have a 2004 VUE, also good (fit a jacuzzi in it last
weekend...).