Where to keep vehicle registration in a VW Golf?

Old May 26th 05, 12:44 AM
Rich Wales

Default Where to keep vehicle registration in a VW Golf?

Where should you keep the registration form in an '04 Golf?

In my previous cars, I used to keep the registration behind a
clip-on mirror on the sun visor. But there doesn't seem to be
room to do this on my Golf, because the built-in mirror with
the sliding cover takes up so much room in the visor.

I'm currently keeping the registration in the side pocket of
the owner's manual, but I'm concerned that in the (hopefully
unlikely!) event that I were ever pulled over and asked to show
"license and registration", the police officer might freak out
if I were to go for the glove compartment (which might, for all
he/she knows, contain a gun).

Any thoughts (other than "don't ever drive in a way that would
ever make a police office think of wanting to pull you over")?

Rich Wales http://www.richw.org

Old May 26th 05, 01:38 AM
Lee

The Glove Box is always the place for it... nerver heard of anyone putting
it else where. if you are worry, do as the last person said and take a bus.

Old May 26th 05, 01:47 AM
artie beamer

Lee wrote:
> The Glove Box is always the place for it... nerver heard of anyone putting
> it else where. if you are worry, do as the last person said and take a bus.

maybe he is black
Old May 26th 05, 02:24 AM
Matt B.

"Lee" > wrote in message
> The Glove Box is always the place for it... nerver heard of anyone putting
> it else where. if you are worry, do as the last person said and take a
> bus.

I second that (glove box). it's so common.

Old May 26th 05, 02:25 AM
Woodchuck

You shouldn't If the car is stolen then the thieves have it.

g...

Old May 26th 05, 03:18 AM
Pete C.

Rich Wales wrote:

> Where should you keep the registration form in an '04 Golf?
>
> In my previous cars, I used to keep the registration behind a
> clip-on mirror on the sun visor. But there doesn't seem to be
> room to do this on my Golf, because the built-in mirror with
> the sliding cover takes up so much room in the visor.

Keep it in the glove compartment like everyone else does.

> I'm currently keeping the registration in the side pocket of
> the owner's manual, but I'm concerned that in the (hopefully
> unlikely!) event that I were ever pulled over and asked to show
> "license and registration", the police officer might freak out
> if I were to go for the glove compartment (which might, for all
> he/she knows, contain a gun).

One of the few time I've been pulled over the registration and insurance
card were sitting in the glove compartment right next to my gun. License
and carry permit were in my wallet. All you have to do is think and get
the registration and insurance card out while the cop is still at their
car. When they get to your car you already have the paperwork in hand.
You've typically got at least a good 60 seconds before they come over
while they get their paperwork in order and run your plate.

Pete C.

Old May 26th 05, 03:29 AM
Norm De Plume

Rich Wales wrote:

> Where should you keep the registration form in an '04 Golf?

Why don't you buy a small trailer to tow?

Old May 26th 05, 04:06 AM
Daniel J. Stern

On Wed, 25 May 2005, Rich Wales wrote:

> Where should you keep the registration form in an '04 Golf?

In your wallet, dummy. That way it's always right near your driver's
license, but if someone steals your car, they won't have it.
Old May 26th 05, 04:17 AM
Papa

I thought everybody kept the registration in the glove box. There was a time
in the U.S., about 50 or 60 years ago, when they were inserted into a clear
sleeve and strapped to the steering column. In those days, a steering column
was completely visible all the way to the firewall, and not buried inside
other components.