Bulk vs. Bottled oil at places like Jiffy Lube

Old August 27th 07, 07:25 PM posted to rec.autos.misc,rec.autos.makers.honda,rec.autos.tech
John S.

Default Bulk vs. Bottled oil at places like Jiffy Lube

On Aug 27, 11:54 am, "Elmo P. Shagnasty" >
wrote:
> In article . com>,
> "John S." > wrote:
>
> > I would not expect that Jiffy Lube or other large chain stores
> > would be playing bait and switch games with motor oil.

> You mean, like how Sears would sit cars out back, never touch them, then
> charge customers at the end of the day?
>
> Yeah, those big chain stores. They'd never **** with you. No sir.

Can't tell you a thing about Sears, sorry. Bit it does sound like an
old story that's been repeated a lot. But I have seen a small
indpendent shop really screw up something as simple as reinstalling a
drain plug, so there are f...ups working everywhere. Fortunately they
are in the minority.

Old August 30th 07, 05:05 PM posted to rec.autos.misc,rec.autos.makers.honda,rec.autos.tech
[email protected]

On Aug 26, 10:40 pm, "Ninja" > wrote:

> But I'm curious. . . You decided to yank the filter based on some observable
> symptom? I was it doing?

No oil pressure on startup for excessive amounts of time.
I changed the oil and a fram filter one day. On the first start
after the change, I thought it was ok..
But, the next day I started it and had no oil pressure.
And.. It wouldn't build up either.. I thought my oil pump
was out. I shut it off, and restarted, and it finally came up
to pressure after a few more seconds.
Yanked the filter, and replaced with a FL1A and never had
the problem again.
Orange fram filters and many six bangers don't play well
together.
MK

Like your Jiffy Lube? pws[_1_] Mazda 10 July 13th 07 02:52 AM
Jiffy Lube rips customers off JohnH Driving 2 June 14th 06 01:09 AM
Why are we surprised? (Jiffy Lube TV exposé) Bill Putney Chrysler 50 June 8th 06 07:09 PM
Beware of Jiffy Lube Coasty Jeep 23 May 29th 06 04:05 AM
JIFFY LUBE fu AGAIN BOB URZ Dodge 54 July 6th 04 04:34 AM