Voyager

Old May 27th 05, 02:11 PM

Default Voyager

Please excuse the ignorance, but Chrysler is almost an "unknown"
manufacturer in Australia
By that I mean they are very low volume compared to other makes (esp
japanese) here.

My Brother bought a Jeep 2 years ago, & while it looks nice from a distance
IMHO build quality and the cheap / flimsy plastic bits look very low quality
compared
to Toyota, Mazda etc manufacturers.

However despite that I'm considering purchasing a new Chrysler Voyager van.
In my research
I came across a "pontiac voyager" is that the same vehicle? is pontiac =
chrysler?

I did find a couple of sites with a fair number of complaints re mech
failures in the
voyager, but is that just a minority?

Any info on the V6 model re build quality, reliability, economy etc
appreciated.
TIA

Old May 27th 05, 03:13 PM
Christian M. Mericle

On Fri, 27 May 2005 22:41:27 +0930, <richard> wrote:

>Please excuse the ignorance, but Chrysler is almost an "unknown"
>manufacturer in Australia
>By that I mean they are very low volume compared to other makes (esp
>japanese) here.
>
>My Brother bought a Jeep 2 years ago, & while it looks nice from a distance
>IMHO build quality and the cheap / flimsy plastic bits look very low quality
>compared
>to Toyota, Mazda etc manufacturers.
>
>However despite that I'm considering purchasing a new Chrysler Voyager van.
>In my research
>I came across a "pontiac voyager" is that the same vehicle? is pontiac =
>chrysler?

<snip>

Pontiac is GM (Chevy). Plymouth is Chrysler (as in Plymouth Voyager).

-- Christian

Save Darfur -- http://www.savedarfur.org/
World Vision (Darfur) -- http://donate.wvus.org/OA_HTML/xxwvi...item=107218 2
ICC (Sudan) -- http://www.persecution.org/Countries/sudan.html
Old May 27th 05, 05:02 PM
Dori A Schmetterling

<sharp intake of breath>

Never say this in the Chrysler NG... you'll be flamed...

:-)
DAS

---

[...]

Old May 27th 05, 07:15 PM
Daniel J. Stern

On Fri, 27 May 2005, it was written:

> However despite that I'm considering purchasing a new Chrysler Voyager
> van. In my research I came across a "pontiac voyager" is that the same
> vehicle? is pontiac = chrysler?

Pontiac is a General Motors brand, not a Chrysler brand, and has never
sold a vehicle by the "Voyager" name, in any market worldwide. I suspect
you (or perhaps the seller of the Pontiac) simply got his vehicle's model
name wrong.

> Any info on the V6 model re build quality, reliability, economy etc
> appreciated.

It's very powerful, and the 3.3 and 3.8 litre V6s are extremely reliable
and durable engines. The automatic transmissions have been developed to
the point where they're as troublefree as any comparable transmission out
there. The ancillary systems (electrical, fuel, aircon, etc.) are
generally reliable as well. But it will not be economical of fuel by
Australian standards. The turbodiesel/5-speed manual trans variant will
be much less expensive to run, if you can find one of those.

DS
Old May 27th 05, 07:45 PM
Dori A Schmetterling

PS. You see quite a few Chrysler Voyagers on the streets of London. An
acquaintance of mine has one. When we talked a bit about cars he didn't say
anything negative about. He just expressed satisfaction at its
practicality.

DAS

---