A100 Engine cuts out once at around 70degrees

Old September 13th 04, 04:36 PM
Mark Gowans

Default A100 Engine cuts out once at around 70degrees

Hi There,

Quick bit of brain pickage if I may.. I've a '93 Audi 100 2.0E and it
suffers from the following problem.

From a cold start, if I lift off the throttle when the temperature
guage has reached around 70degrees - the engine cuts out. It restarts
first time on the turn of the key, and is fine for the rest of the
day. Also.. if I start from cold, and get a good run (so I keep the
revs up) until the temperature reads above around 80 degrees - then
there is no cut out.

Any thoughts? ( I once saw an Audi Quattro on eBay that was described
as having exactly the same syptoms, although the vendor (like I) had
just lived with it and never bothered to get it looked at ).

Thanks in advance,

Mark
Old September 13th 04, 11:38 PM
Tony

The engine temp sensor that tells the ECU to operated the cold start injector
(also functions like a choke on a carberated engine) is bad.

No idea where to find it

Tonyj
'91 100q

Mark Gowans wrote:

> Hi There,
>
> Quick bit of brain pickage if I may.. I've a '93 Audi 100 2.0E and it
> suffers from the following problem.
>
> From a cold start, if I lift off the throttle when the temperature
> guage has reached around 70degrees - the engine cuts out. It restarts
> first time on the turn of the key, and is fine for the rest of the
> day. Also.. if I start from cold, and get a good run (so I keep the
> revs up) until the temperature reads above around 80 degrees - then
> there is no cut out.
>
> Any thoughts? ( I once saw an Audi Quattro on eBay that was described
> as having exactly the same syptoms, although the vendor (like I) had
> just lived with it and never bothered to get it looked at ).
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Mark

Engine noise after belt replacements Remy Audi 3 April 14th 09 10:13 PM
156 engine stall jazza Alfa Romeo 7 January 11th 05 11:28 PM
protect your car's engine Waltervw Alfa Romeo 0 November 23rd 04 03:00 PM
Alfa 156 engine stalls when steering is at full lock and car is stationary ! John Alfa Romeo 3 September 10th 04 03:20 PM
Radio use with engine off howitzer Audi 9 July 31st 04 10:24 PM